Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what headers to go with and 3in dump or axle back for ls2 corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what headers to go with and 3in dump or axle back for ls2 corvette?

I'm in the process of a h/c only package na build on my ls2 corvette. I'm trying to figure out witch headers I should go with. I been looking at ARH and Kooks as well as LG's. I'm for sure going with 1 7/8. With these over priced Lt headers I might settle with OBX. I never heard anything bad about the OBX system except they copy other company products. I have a buddy with 24k miles with his obx system and no problems.
Kooks $1393 + shipping
ARH $1845 + shipping
Lg $1545 + shipping
OBX $760 shipped

Next topic... when I installed the z06 manifold I never put my borla quad stinger axle back on and made a 3in dump after the H pipe. Has anyone with a corvette done this and had there car dyno to see if they gained some power doing this? The borla axle back system weights about 35lbs and there very restrictive when it comes to exhaust flow.. borla claims a 15hp over stock and like 10lbs lighter...Borla system sounds good and all but If I can get rid of 35lbs that easy and increase power I don't see why not to. The car is going to be really loud as it is with an off road Lt system. My cf hood weight about 26lbs lighter then the stock c6 hood with liner. This is an easy 61lbs off from my corvette
as you see... Look how much flow it restricts.. multiple 90 bends and huge mufflers... not to mention those are 2.5in piping up till the ends. My headers will be 3in all the way back
Old 01-21-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did some research on obx. I haven't found and horror stories about there corvette headers. Found a set for 645 shipped. Decided I'm gonna save the 800$from buying name brand Lt's and put toward for my differential.

Quick Reply: what headers to go with and 3in dump or axle back for ls2 corvette?