Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easier way to ship a motor??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easier way to ship a motor??

I have an ls1 long block I have to ship and I have no idea what I Gould use to ship this with
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to freightcenter.com they will give you a bunch of diff options of carriers and prices, it's always cheapest to personally take it to the companies dock on a skid, then have it delivered to a dock or if the person you are shipping to has a forklift it'll save money. If you have to have it picked up at a residence and delivered that requires a lift gate prepare to pay for it
Hope this helps
I have shipped two transmissions and 3 motors over the past two weeks so I know a little lol
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try freightquote.com. I've shipped a couple engines and a shifter kart using them. The last engine I shipped I went straight to the Estes dock and got quoted some outrageous price, like $500 or something. So I called Freightquote and somehow they managed to get my motor shipped through the same Estes dock for less that 1/2 the price.

The shifter kart I shipped a couple years ago was damaged in shipping (Global Express I think it was) and Freightquote came through and refunded the damages.

I've only shipped a handful of large items like this but it seems like there is almost always something that ends up damaged in shipping. Maybe it's just my bad luck but make sure you pay the few extra bucks for the insurance.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

I use central transport for work but I dont know what kind of services they off outside of dealers and stuff. maybe check them out.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

or ups freight. ive never had good luck with fedex freight though... get damaged stuff all the time.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Train....cheap as hell. If its no bigger than 3' x 3'..........no weight limit. Fully insured and no way its gonna get damaged on a train.

I think I paid $75.00 to ship a foot locker, 80 pounds of camping **** in it, from Miami to New York.......Amtrak. Last year. Shipped a mini-bike too.

See if the train runs where you need it to go.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Go to engineshipping.com

I just purchased a LS3 longblock that was crated up.

It was an easy transaction and shipping only took like 3 days from the southern tip of FL to central OH.

Put the engine in a crate and call up the company. They will come and pick it up with a pallet jack and liftgate.

Quick Reply: Easier way to ship a motor??