Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about FAST LSXRT intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Question about FAST LSXRT intake manifold

Hello everyone

I've been lurking around here for quite a while and loved the feedback I got from just reading old threads.

I have a question about this intake manifold and what it bolts on to.

My buddy has a '10 gmc sierra with a factory 5.3. It used to have the FAST LSXRT intake manifold bolted onto it. He recently swapped his motor for an L92 and moved over the intake manifold.

Now the thing is, he forgot that the LSXRT bolts on to cathedral port heads and the L92 has rectangular port heads! which requires the LSXR intake. Weirdly enough the motor starts and runs fine and ran at the dyno to put 363 RWHP. The question is, does the intake work with the L92 with rectangular heads or should he be worried.

If he should be worried, I would imagine the only way to go is to purchase a new LSXR, is that correct or is there another route?

(He mentioned that he feels that his L92 is under-performing and he if afraid its caused by the intake)

Thank you in advance and i would appreciate any input on this situation
Old 07-20-2013, 01:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

The intake will make dog **** power on rectangle heads, the ports don't even come close to lining up. Just get a stock LS3 intake and swap it over. They're a dime a dozen and perform well for cheap
Old 07-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DietCoke
The intake will make dog **** power on rectangle heads, the ports don't even come close to lining up. Just get a stock LS3 intake and swap it over. They're a dime a dozen and perform well for cheap
That sounds really bad.....

Anyone else would like to add anything?
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There isn't a whole lot to add. I've seen quite a few instances where guys make 460+ rwhp through an LS3 intake. He could sell the LSX intake and buy a stock LS3 easily, and pick up some good power over using the wrong intake.

Quick Reply: Question about FAST LSXRT intake manifold