Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF upgrade for LY6 setup with mild camp-worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF upgrade for LY6 setup with mild camp-worth it???

I was looking at the LS3/ LS7 MAF sensor setup to increase capability of the MAF system.

Is this a worthwhile investment over the stock 2010 LY6 MAF meter at power levels around 425 hp at the crank (I am assuming a small cam and possibly some milled heads/ upgraded heads)?

I think I have to buy a new MAF anyways, because I don't have the proper one for my 2010 LY6 anyways....
Old 08-03-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm playing with 2009 LY6, Having a hell of a time getting E38 to work without P0606 code.
The miss matching of parts, MAP, MAF,TB, Gas Pedal makes the PMC programing tough, I guess all I can add is to talk with the person doing your tune. Jon/PSI is working on my and it as be back a few times for adjustments and need to go back again. Im using the LS3 card stlye GM 25835421.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"I'm playing with 2009 LY6, Having a hell of a time getting E38 to work without P0606 code.
The miss matching of parts, MAP, MAF,TB, Gas Pedal makes the PMC programing tough, I guess all I can add is to talk with the person doing your tune. Jon/PSI is working on my and it as be back a few times for adjustments and need to go back again. Im using the LS3 card stlye GM 25835421."

That is problem with mismatched parts. Be sure to have a good tuner at your disposal.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon at PSI is doing my wiring harness, but, since I am going to upgrade to a TSP VVT cam and have to tune the ECM for the phaser cam timing for that anyways, I am going to have TSP tune for the MAF also.... Since I don't have the proper MAF for a 2010 LY6 (it was broken from the wrecked donor vehicle), I was was thinking of upgrading....

I will call Jason at TSP on Monday and chat with him about it also.

I have the matching pedal assembly and MAP sensor and Throttle body, just no MAF..... hopefully this won't prove too difficult....

Thank You both for the help!

Quick Reply: MAF upgrade for LY6 setup with mild camp-worth it???