Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 evap and vacuum help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default L92 evap and vacuum help!

Hey guys, I'm just planning my PCV and evap system in my L92 swap. Is it absolutely necessary to run the evap lines on the intake to the fuel tank, even though my swap tank has a vent already?

Also, is the evap line in the L92 truck intake just a vacuum line? I have a vacuum gauge in my car, and this would be an easy place to hook it up if possible.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Last edited by nicke; 05-04-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nicke
Hey guys, I'm just planning my PCV and evap system in my L92 swap. Is it absolutely necessary to run the evap lines on the intake to the fuel tank, even though my swap tank has a vent already?

Also, is the evap line in the L92 truck intake just a vacuum line? I have a vacuum gauge in my car, and this would be an easy place to hook it up if possible.
Thoughts?
Thanks
On my 1965 Skylark I stayed with the 65 system and did not use the L92 system. I just plugged off the vacuum line on the intake manifold. So far so good as I have not had any gasoline smell.

Yes you can use the evap line as a vacuum gauge source.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Awesome, thanks man!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Launching!

I just tried hooking up my evap line to a vacuum gauge, and it doesn't seem like it has any vacuum (when the engine is running). There is a sensor or connection that I am not using on my swap, and I was wondering if that could be shutting off the vacuum source.

The engine runs great, but I'm wondering if it might have a small vacuum leak because when I stab the throttle, it doesn't come back down to idle immediately. Is this normal?

Its not throwing any codes or anything, and seems to be running great.
Ideas?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Lastly, why would I be getting no vacuum out of the brake booster port on the intake, or the evap/vacuum line?

-Nick

Quick Reply: L92 evap and vacuum help!