Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK LT headers question.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBK LT headers question.....

I talked to a local shop , and mentioned that I had a set of BBK LTs , and they advised me to not put them on my 01 WS6
They said that this brand of headers are known to have leaks ( I'm guessing that they are talking about the 02 sensors

What are you guy's opinion on this set of headers ?
And also, I have they ORY BBK that goes with the headers
I am wanting to get the setup installed on my car , but after I talked to a reputable shop around my area, I am a bit hesitant to go through with the install

Thanks everyone
Old 06-16-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

i have them on my 99 , i love them , the fit and finish was awesome on them . Not a leak with mine . I would recommend them to anyone looking for a cheap set . 379 shipped from ws6store.com
Old 06-16-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I havent had one problem with mine.. the only thing I dont like about them is that they use a bolt on flange which greatly limits options on Y-pipes and whatnot.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No problems here (to include leaks) with my BBK LT headers and ORY-pipe system. FYI, install is fairly easy. Have you considered doing it yourself ?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I am going to have the Cat cut off , and basically just run true Duals.
Another thing is the ground clearance with the Headers.
I'm wanting to lower the car about 1.5" all the way around, using the Eibach Sportlines, so I likely will scrape the bottom, if not carefull

What would be my worst case scenario after I have the BBK LTs and ORY installed.... If it does leak, or the scensors have a problem, is it an easy fix ? Can I have the shop do some welding in certain places, to help with any future problems I may encounter ?

And do you guys have a muffler on your setup? And what would be the positives and negatives of having a muffler vs not having one

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it
Old 06-17-2014, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dsvtr
Yeah, I am going to have the Cat cut off , and basically just run true Duals.
Another thing is the ground clearance with the Headers.
I'm wanting to lower the car about 1.5" all the way around, using the Eibach Sportlines, so I likely will scrape the bottom, if not carefull

What would be my worst case scenario after I have the BBK LTs and ORY installed.... If it does leak, or the scensors have a problem, is it an easy fix ? Can I have the shop do some welding in certain places, to help with any future problems I may encounter ?

And do you guys have a muffler on your setup? And what would be the positives and negatives of having a muffler vs not having one

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it
Sorry I hate to do this, but this needs to be said.

With the Eibach Sportline springs you'll have ground clearance issues regardless if you have the factory exhaust manifolds and y-pipe or LT headers. The Eibachs are notorious for lowering more than advertised which compounds the clearance issue even more. So my advise is if you're worried about have possible exhaust leaks from exhaust damage because the car is to low; don't lower it to low! You'll run the possibility of having exhaust leak issues with ANY LT header and Y-pipe setup with running the Eibach Sportline springs. Furthermore I would not consider the Sportline springs a performance modification, only a appearance modification since your suspension compression travel is pretty well limited to how much the bump stops will compress. Speaking from experience there's no need to go that low. The car will ride and handle better and still have that cool lowered look, and you'll still be able to enjoy driving the car. BMR, Strano, Vogtland, and H & R are all a lot better options. Now if you still decide to go with the Sportline springs make sure to at least get the #4.7038 (314-589 lb.in. FRONT, and 51-206 lb.in. REAR, 1.6"/1.4"drop), which has better spring rates and slightly less drop than the #4.3138 (360 lb.in. FRONT, and 80-137 lb.in. REAR, 1.8"/1.8" drop). Anyway, I felt that you need to be aware of the pros and cons (mostly cons) of the Sportline springs(and the 2 different versions) before sinking money into a lowering spring set you may not like.

True duals(budget friendly)and lowering spring are a compromise.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 06-17-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Thank you 99Bluz28 for the heads up on the Eibach sportlines, and which ones to go with, If I plan on getting the car lowered

I really appreciate you sharing that insight
Old 06-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

If you'd like I could upload a video of my car, right now I have BBK LT's and open y-pipe.. I can't complain about how it sounds
Old 06-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Put them on my 02 and no leaks. There are some good do it yourself write ups out there. I highly doubt the o2's would leak.
Also a lot of people do the poly motor mounts when they do headers. More clearance when they are out. If you want or need to them later the headers would have to come off.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Teching In

One more thing I thought of..... It seems to be a general preference to use stock GM gaskets and not the ones that come with.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

thank you for the help , I really appreciate it
The BBk LTs and ORY that I have, are probably 4-5 years old, have a bit of rust on them, but no holes in the tubing , so I should be ok.
They came off of an 01 - 02 Camaro I believe
And yeah, I heard the same about using the GM gaskets
Thanks again
Old 07-02-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

use stock gm gaskets and go to rock auto and buy rubber motor mounts , poly is prone to causing false knock .

Quick Reply: BBK LT headers question.....