Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014 | 07:06 PM

Default Ls1 throttle body

Hey all I'm helping a friend that just bought a 1999 z28. He wants to install a k&n cold air intake and was looking at a throttle body. Would a 100mm tb work with the kn filter or would he have to use a 92mm?
Old 10-05-2014 | 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Generally stock up to about 90-92mm have the same OD(outside diameter). You need to check that dimension on the 100 and see if it is the same. I think probably not.

What mods are already on the car? If said friend is just now putting a K&N on the car, the car probably isn't ready for a 100mm TB yet. 9Xmm is probably too big too unless there are supporting mods in place. I believe the most restrictive piece in that setup is the factory MAF but do some searching and look at the factory sizes..if you have, say, 68mm MAF(random number here), having a 92mm throttle body behind it will just give you drivability problems and negative gains.

Best bang for buck would likely be a custom tune. Then LS6 intake, headers, exhaust, and at that point TB, MAF, etc.

Good luck with your project.
Old 10-05-2014 | 01:50 PM

The car is completely bone stock. My friend is looking for the biggest bang for his buck. He wants to do an intake, tb, heads, exhaust, and other bolt on work. He says he may want to do forced induction in the future but it won't be any time soon. Any suggestions on builds would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 10-06-2014 | 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

I gave you a basic path:

"Best bang for buck would likely be a custom tune. Then LS6 intake, headers, exhaust, and at that point TB, MAF, etc."

I did leave out gears and that is right in the middle there. I don't own an F-body so I can't give you specific part mfg/models. Post your need in the Camaro forum and those guys will likely give you a suggested specific list of parts so you know what to order.

Good luck with your project. You'll be fine as long as you plan carefully for each mod to compliment the rest.
Old 10-16-2014 | 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

hes stuck with the 92
Old 10-28-2014 | 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Indianthunder12
Hey all I'm helping a friend that just bought a 1999 z28. He wants to install a k&n cold air intake and was looking at a throttle body. Would a 100mm tb work with the kn filter or would he have to use a 92mm?
Sounds like you got him headed in the right direction guys. I would recommend a cold air intake, headers, exhaust, & custom tune first. These will be things that will make real noticeable differences in driving the car and be rewarding in sound as well. Another line of thought is things like maintanence, plugs, wires, changing all the fluids etc. This will ensure you know what you have and give you a fresh start on things that make your car last. The intake and throttle body flow fairly well and think before I did those mods I would put a shifter (provided its 6 spd) in the car and some gears. Something like a Pro 5.0 and a set of 3.73s. These things don't add horsepower but do contribute to a faster car and making the most of what you have. Also another thing to think about is putting a cam in the car. We offer custom grinds to it anyones needs.

Link to K&N Cold Air Intake (On Sale)

Link to Custom Grind Camshafts

Link to Throttle Bodies

Link to FAST 92mm Intake

Link to Pro 5.0 Shifter

Link to HINSON Motorsports Spark Plug Wires

Quick Reply: Ls1 throttle body