Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor issue?

Hey guys I think I have a problem that I need help with.

So I bought a L92, 6.2L engine to put in my car. I then bought a Holley efi system to use on the car, that would control the engine and the transmission (4l80e). I hooked everything up and got to the knock sensor and noticed it was different.

So my L93 has been drilled and taped to use a Gen 3 knock sensor, rather than using the Gen 4 knock sensor. The issue is that my holley harness has a Gen 4 plug on it. What can I do?

I talked with the guy I bought the motor from and he said, we know the gen 4 uses a two wire setup but the gen 3 uses only one wire. But on the gen 4 wiring harness is just a signal wire and either a power or ground wire. The signal wire just needs to go to the sensor and the other wire goes to ground or power (depending on what the wiring diagram says it is). Does this sound right? I need some help on this.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup, run the beige/blue wire to one knock sensor and the beige/red wire to the other sensor, then the spare terminal on each sensor goes to ground. I just went thru this "in reverse", needing to alter my 558-102 (LS1) harness to run an LS3...

Quick Reply: Knock sensor issue?