Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Trans Am New Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Trans Am New Build

Alright, I've been reading and reading and really can't figure out a route to go that everything will work perfectly. I'm not on a huge budget but not necessarily trying to get the cheapest route either. I have a 99 Trans Am that I want for a badass street car 95% of the time but could run track if need be. I want to get a cam, headers, intake, stall, and a few other items yet everything I read says you have to match a cam to the stall and to the heads and etc. I'm not exactly what route to go here any helping direction would be great!!!! I don't want to start getting things and then find out they don't match well. Afterwards I plan on getting a tune of course. The car has around 60k miles on an automatic transmission. I'm also not worried about emission laws.

Last edited by 1999Trans; 02-22-2017 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Adding details
Old 02-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1999Trans
Alright, I've been reading and reading and really can't figure out a route to go that everything will work perfectly. I'm not on a huge budget but not necessarily trying to get the cheapest route either. I have a 99 Trans Am that I want for a badass street car 95% of the time but could run track if need be. I want to get a cam, headers, intake, stall, and a few other items yet everything I read says you have to match a cam to the stall and to the heads and etc. I'm not exactly what route to go here any helping direction would be great!!!! I don't want to start getting things and then find out they don't match well. Afterwards I plan on getting a tune of course. The car has around 60k miles on an automatic transmission. I'm also not worried about emission laws.
I would talk to the people you are buying these goodies from - likely have good advice on what works together well. Don't forget your differential in all this. 450 hp on that stock 10 bolt might be a recipe for disaster. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

10 bolts don't survive when the car starts hooking up, but when they aren't launched and stick with 3rd/4th highway pulls they last forever. 10 bolt with bigger axles , clip eliminators, diff cover . Seconds 600 rwhp car it's been in and still living 6 years later
Old 03-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Teching In

That is a lot of HP under 5k RPM!!

Quick Reply: 99 Trans Am New Build