Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb questions?

I'm sure some will think these are dumb questions but I don't know the answers and I need some help here. I am trans planting a LQ4 in to a 93 Corvette. I chose this engine because it does away with the Opti Spark issue of the original LT-1 engine, Plus unlike the LS1 the LQ4 is has the iron block and aluminum head configuration of the LT1 so the weight balance should be about the same. The build possibilities of the LQ4 I feel are really interesting and I got it cheap.

Here is are my questions. Above the oil filter is the oil cooler take off block. Which of the ports are the out to cooler port? Does it make a difference, which is out and which is return? I bought an aftermarket fitting take off block with AN fittings. The problem is that installed with the fittings pointing up I am right under the crank position sensor. If I flip it over so the fittings are pointing down the front fitting is ok, but the back fitting is angled 45° to the rear of the car. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?
THANKS!
Old 04-23-2017, 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

The left port is out, the right port is in. But it doesn't matter because the oil cooler doesn't care about the direction of flow.

Do you mean the knock sensor? You can move it to the next bolt hole above it or just rotate it a bit to get enough clearance for the oil cooler lines.

Or if you prefer, we sell both thermostatic and non-thermostatic oil cooler adapters with fittings that exit out the bottom of the adapter instead of the top.

Quick Reply: Dumb questions?