Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a new manifold - something sexy...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking about a new manifold - something sexy...

So, I am currently using a Mamo-ported MSD. It works just fine and I am happy with the 700+hp my engine made on the dyno. But it just looks like a pig sitting there, and everything is so dang tight/close. I would like to have some space between the manifold and cover plate to access vacuum lines, steam hoses and such.

I would like a manifold that is at least equal in performance, but sits a bit higher and 'looks' like a manifold (old school sbc guy). I have a lot more room in my 70 Camaro with 2 1/2" cowl hood then most of ya'll running F-bodies and Corvettes. This is mostly a street car, although my idea of streetable seems to be a bit more on the radical side than most people I hear talking on the forum.

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of new stuff coming out for the LS, like the Carbon XR. Very nice, although a little pricey. It has 12.5" runners vs. the 9.3" on the MSD. I don't think that would make a lot of difference, although I am no fluid dynamics engineer.

So I guess I'm wondering what else is out there that I have not seen that might fit the bill. Price is not a huge concern, but the XR is starting to push the limit. Other than price, just want to make sure that performance doesn't suffer, and "streetabilty' is maintained.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

CID Heads has some rocking LS manifolds with old school look. I'm aware of a dyno test where one of the CID's destroyed Mast's best manifold by over 60+ hp, just from changing intakes. If an XR is in the budget, you can probably get CID to adapt a manifold to you exact needs if you don't see anything that strikes your fancy.

BTW - what about a Magnacharger, that's a hell of cool a "manifold" and a similar price as the XR.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 11-09-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

However, if sexy is the goal, nothing is going to beat an Individual Throttle Bodies intake like a Harrop or similar

Old 11-10-2018, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
CID Heads has some rocking LS manifolds with old school look. I'm aware of a dyno test where one of the CID's destroyed Mast's best manifold by over 60+ hp, just from changing intakes. If an XR is in the budget, you can probably get CID to adapt a manifold to you exact needs if you don't see anything that strikes your fancy.

BTW - what about a Magnacharger, that's a hell of cool a "manifold" and a similar price as the XR.
Yep, those are nice, but I'm wanting to keep the FI. Carburetors are history now!
Old 11-10-2018, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

The CID can be set up for Fuel Injection.

I definitely understand wanting to stay , away from carbs!
Old 11-10-2018, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,024 Likes on 2,355 Posts

Carbs are a bigger PITA than injection, any day.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Pantera EFI : Eight Stack 2.5" Butterfly EACH

Hi ALL, I manufacture an ITB Intake with 2.5" Butterflies.

Lance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DSCN0122.pdf (175.5 KB, 75 views)