Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Intake Brake Booster Vacuum Fitting Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2020 | 11:03 PM
Teching In

Default LS3 Intake Brake Booster Vacuum Fitting Removal

Is it possible to remove the fitting on the rear of the LS3 intake? I've spent a lot of time searching for this. A few sources show that the fitting on the LS6 intake can't be removed as it has tabs that lock into place on the inside of the manifold, but I can't find anything specific about the LS3 intake. Inspecting mine, the fitting appears to be secured only by strong adhesive, but it is very difficult to see inside. Does anyone have any experience with this piece specifically on the LS3 intake?

I'm working on a swap that places the engine against the firewall. Every millimeter is valuable and I want to come up with a solution to relocate this port. The first step is figuring out if I can get the fitting off...

Thanks for the input!
Old 04-13-2020 | 11:17 PM
ModSquad
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by tb123
Is it possible to remove the fitting on the rear of the LS3 intake? I've spent a lot of time searching for this. A few sources show that the fitting on the LS6 intake can't be removed as it has tabs that lock into place on the inside of the manifold, but I can't find anything specific about the LS3 intake. Inspecting mine, the fitting appears to be secured only by strong adhesive, but it is very difficult to see inside. Does anyone have any experience with this piece specifically on the LS3 intake?

I'm working on a swap that places the engine against the firewall. Every millimeter is valuable and I want to come up with a solution to relocate this port. The first step is figuring out if I can get the fitting off...

Thanks for the input!
Had the same situation with my MSD intake on my Chevelle. Engine is 1/4” off firewall and real estate back there is precious. MSD has the nipple for the booster in a spot that wouldn’t work for me. I cut it off about an 1/8 long, sealed it with an RTV product, and used a -6 Bulkhead fitting in a different area that offered more room. Sealed it from the inside with RTV and all is well. MSD comes apart easily. Brake booster line clamps on -6 fitting perfect.
I think you’re dilema will be sealing the new fitting from the inside of the intake as the LS3 intake won’t come apart.
Old 04-16-2020 | 12:46 PM
Teching In

I need it to hold boost so my idea is to mill off the stock fitting flush with the flat surface on the back of the intake. Then I could make a through wall, bolt on flange with an o-ring groove that should seal really well.

The first step is to get the stock fitting off of the manifold. I want to try to yank it off but I'm scared I might crack the intake.

Quick Reply: LS3 Intake Brake Booster Vacuum Fitting Removal