Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF reading 0

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF reading 0

I’m having an issue getting my MAF to read. In hptuner scanner it reads 0g/s and iat of -40 degrees. I’ve replaced it I’ve changed the pins accord to the harness manufacturer which did not match what was labeled on the sensor itself. So I just put a new sensor on it again and changed the pins to match what is labeled on the sensor plug and still have the same results. Any help would be great. Thank you

2009 5.3l swap
Old 02-15-2024, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 864 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by jdb1994
I’m having an issue getting my MAF to read. In hptuner scanner it reads 0g/s and iat of -40 degrees. I’ve replaced it I’ve changed the pins accord to the harness manufacturer which did not match what was labeled on the sensor itself. So I just put a new sensor on it again and changed the pins to match what is labeled on the sensor plug and still have the same results. Any help would be great. Thank you

2009 5.3l swap
Those things indicate that it's not plugged in.

I would get a conencter view of the PCM. See if you have the correct voltage/grounds at the connector.

I would also get a OEM connector view of the pinout and make sure those wires are going to the correct pins on the PCM.

What PCM are you using?
Old 02-16-2024, 06:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m using an e38. The harness builder told me that I needed to swap pins since I was using a truck style MAF, the harness was apparently built for a cartridge style I guess. So I swapped the wires and it still didn’t work with the original MAF sensor so I bought a new one, that one didn’t work either. So I took that one back to get a new one, thinking I smoked it because the 12 volt source on the plug was not plugged into the 12 volt pin indicated slot on the sensor, if that makes sense. I checked the plug coming from the harness voltages to make sure that where I had 12 V coming out and the ground coming out and the two 5v wires coming out matched what went into the MAF sensor plug.

Also, the internal air temperature was reading 170s before I swapped the wires around to match the plug and now it’s reading -40 degrees. Thanks for your help
Old 02-16-2024, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

IAT is important, enough so that I would ADD a two wire standalone IAT sensor, wire to E38 pins, as required.
MAF- optional. You were going to build a VE table anyway, might as well USE it.

Quick Reply: MAF reading 0