Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crank no start 🙁

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Crank no start 🙁

09 G8 GT Gen IV 6.0, it’s a built motor heads cam forged bottom end . Hey guys, been having issues with crank no start, it fires periodically and sometimes really loud bangs/pops almost, i have 40 psi sum of oil pressure with just starter, 55 psi of fuel pressure, i have spark with new plugs and wires, i had codes for cam crank and tps voltage, put in a new crank sensor, crank connector, cam connector, tps connector, and now it seems tps and cam codes are gone, i got a crank performance code p0336 i think that was the code number, and i cleared it and it hasnt popped back up assuming just since its cleared, i checked fuses, redid some grounds, and its a brand new engine. it is a built engine so i understand things can be harder to startup and i uploaded my tune, so its something electrical and with me replaces all those things for those codes especially the crank one, i heard crank codes dont necessarily mean its the crank sensor/wiring, could be a ground or some other sensor, really stuck and have been messing with this for WEEKS
Would very much appreciate some insight/suggestions so i can get this thing runnin been to long 🙏
I checked timing when i built this motor, i had a adjustable cam gear i since swapped it out for a stock gear, i degreed my cam and at first i had little ptvc it my valve was contacting my piston so i dialed it back got 70 thou intake and 90-100 exhaust i believe, so it is timed and that was all at 1 cylinder tdc and my crank gear was at 12 and cam gear was at 6, i got my ecu tuned by matt sanford seems like he knows his sht so i dont believe its the tune,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYS...usp=drive_link
typically there are more fires than in this video but it aint starting up no matter how many times i do it

Last edited by BrackenG8; 03-13-2024 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,053 Likes on 2,378 Posts

Text is in white. NOBODY will read it.....
Old 03-13-2024, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Reposted for readability

Hey guys, been having issues with crank no start, it fires periodically and sometimes really loud bangs/pops almost, i have 40 psi sum of oil pressure with just starter, 55 psi of fuel pressure, i have spark with new plugs and wires, i had codes for cam crank and tps voltage, put in a new crank sensor, crank connector, cam connector, tps connector, and now it seems tps and cam codes are gone, i got a crank performance code p0336 i think that was the code number, and i cleared it and it hasnt popped back up assuming just since its cleared, i checked fuses, redid some grounds, and its a brand new engine. it is a built engine so i understand things can be harder to startup and i uploaded my tune, so its something electrical and with me replaces all those things for those codes especially the crank one, i heard crank codes dont necessarily mean its the crank sensor/wiring, could be a ground or some other sensor, really stuck and have been messing with this for WEEKS
Would very much appreciate some insight/suggestions so i can get this thing runnin been to long 🙏
I checked timing when i built this motor, i had a adjustable cam gear i since swapped it out for a stock gear, i degreed my cam and at first i had little ptvc it my valve was contacting my piston so i dialed it back got 70 thou intake and 90-100 exhaust i believe, so it is timed and that was all at 1 cylinder tdc and my crank gear was at 12 and cam gear was at 6, i got my ecu tuned by matt sanford seems like he knows his sht so i dont believe its the tune,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYS...usp=drive_link
typically there are more fires than in this video but it aint starting up no matter how many times i do it
Old 03-13-2024, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Text is in white. NOBODY will read it.....
Fixed
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Not sure of the issue but you may want to put what motor you have and what vehicle it is in
G Atsma (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tommy42088
Not sure of the issue but you may want to put what motor you have and what vehicle it is in
Fixed
G Atsma (03-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Crank no start 🙁