Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 flexplate interchangeable with other ls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 flexplate interchangeable with other ls?

I got a l92 for 400 bucks and well it doesnt have the starter or flexplate. I want to source a second hand flexplate and starter to at least crank the engine over to check compression. Can i use a flexplate/starter from a 5.3? If one of you gentlemen have an extra of both you wouldnt mind to get rid of for cheap id greatly appreciate it!
Old 04-14-2024, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 305 Likes on 226 Posts

The 5.3 flex plate and starter should be fine. In regards to the starter get one with the upgraded mounting block. I believe they take the same length bolts compared to the early LS starters that used one long and one short bolt.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 TJ
The 5.3 flex plate and starter should be fine. In regards to the starter get one with the upgraded mounting block. I believe they take the same length bolts compared to the early LS starters that used one long and one short bolt.
i did see that there was two models of starters. I was going to opt for the design that used two of the same length bolts. Thank you for the confirmation

Quick Reply: L92 flexplate interchangeable with other ls?