Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported fast 90/90 swap...*Results*

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported fast 90/90 swap...*Results*

Well I recently swapped out my LS2 intake for a ported Fast 90/90 setup from Tony Mamo on my cam only GTO. I also swapped to 45lb injectors cause i was running out of fuel up top. To make sure i got the most out of it, i Took the car to East Coast Supercharging for a full dyno tune on their new dyna pack. Im sorry to say i dont have a baseline for comparison, from before and after the fast, but i have taken the car to the track before and after and got some pretty good results. Anyways before i get into what she did at the track, heres the dyno sheets from ECS. Keep in mind this is a dyno pack, and supposedly these read like a mustang dyno...id expect around 450+ on a dynojet.

Vids of the dyno run
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...ECSPulls-1.flv

I know the numbers are just numbers, so i wasnt upset with the 417, especially considering how much the car improved at the track. Last season i was able to run an 11.73 @ 118 1.70-60', in 30* air and a negative 1000+/- DA. I basically took the car right off of the dyno and drove to the track for some real world numbers. Temperature was around 70* (not sure of the DA but it was far from perfect air), and the car was prepped the same as it was back in october. My final results from the track were 11.67 @ 119mph spinning to a 1.71 60'. Now considering the air wasnt the best i didnt expect to beat my old time. This ported fast really carries the car down the track and it really woke the car up all over (not just up top). Im extremely impressed with this piece and would reccomend Tony's services to anyone! Best part is i know i can go back this fall when the negative DA's return for an even faster pass, my guess is its worth at least another 2 tenths and 1.5-2mph, especially considering i wasnt hooking at all cause of a weak diff that needs replacing.

here are the vids of my runs that night
Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

damn fine sounding and running car man...track numbers are what matters...seemed to be spinning a good amount...remember a little spin is ok !
Old 05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

lol yea i figured it wasnt hurting anything but my ET, and i can live with that considering i can drive the car home...lol I just wish it would spin a little less off the line and between shifts (chirping 4th gear with slicks...lol)

Thanks for the compliments!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you picked up 0.06?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much harder does it pull. I am gonna be doing a fast 92 soon and a set of heads I just can,t decide on trickflows or AFRs.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by N4cer
So you picked up 0.06?
yes but if you read what i was saying my old PB was in 30* air and this past run was in 70* air. Big difference in DA so i figure it was good for another couple tenths in cooler weather. I was also trapping 1mph faster on average than my old best, i that says something right there. In fact i was going to the track just looking to get back into the 11's, and wasnt expecting to beat my old PB until the fall when the cool air comes back.

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
How much harder does it pull. I am gonna be doing a fast 92 soon and a set of heads I just can,t decide on trickflows or AFRs.
car pulls MUCH harder over all and doesnt run out of steam up top like it did before. It'll pull clear to 6800 without any trouble, and judging from my curve i can see why. Definately a noticable improvement over the stock LS2 intake/TB combo. Good luck with your head choice, either way you go im sure you'll be happy, they are both great heads when setup properly.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Hate to tell you this but Dynapacks read higher than a Dynojet, mainly because it is dynoing at the hub. They can be calibrated to read lower, but in all honesty the numbers from a Dynapack are usually higher than a Dynojet. EG a car that dynoed 526 on a Dynojet did 563 on a Dynapack.

Dynos are just tuning tools though, get it to the track and see what she does; the trap speed will be as good of an indicator of your rwhp.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

yea like i said i went right from the dyno to the track and ran 119mph...other goats running similar traps are putting down 450+. Im just going by what the dyno operator was telling me. Anyways my point wasnt to bitch about low numbers, just wanted to show the curve the new fast gave me, and post up my "real world results" since dyno's can vary so much. IM pretty impressed with it overall.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

I'll take real world gains over dyno racing anyday! Nice results.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

70* is hardly terrible air, and I didnt see the DA for the second run, hard to claim bad air when the D/A is unknown. The mph pick up is good I guess.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ExTurbo
yea like i said i went right from the dyno to the track and ran 119mph...other goats running similar traps are putting down 450+. Im just going by what the dyno operator was telling me. Anyways my point wasnt to bitch about low numbers, just wanted to show the curve the new fast gave me, and post up my "real world results" since dyno's can vary so much. IM pretty impressed with it overall.

Your car is putting down a bit more than 417. My car put down 457rwhp/429rwtq on a very optimistic mustang dyno. And on 235s at the track it was a 12.53 at 118.6mph spinning 1rst and 2cd. I need the driver mod or more practice because i,m used to doing 40 rolls. Thanks for your write up about the fast. I,m ordering one on monday with some of Tonys magic port work
Old 06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

GTO

119 mph traps = ~460 rwhp
Old 06-02-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99socalFRC
70* is hardly terrible air, and I didnt see the DA for the second run, hard to claim bad air when the D/A is unknown. The mph pick up is good I guess.
70* isnt terrible by any means but i know the DA that day was over 1000. In most parts of the country thats great air, but for atco great air is negative DA's like i ran in october. To put it into perspective a good friend of mine with an automatic Z28 was running 2-3 tenths off his best that night, so its safe to say ive got at least another 2 tenths when the cold air gets here.

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
Your car is putting down a bit more than 417. My car put down 457rwhp/429rwtq on a very optimistic mustang dyno. And on 235s at the track it was a 12.53 at 118.6mph spinning 1rst and 2cd. I need the driver mod or more practice because i,m used to doing 40 rolls. Thanks for your write up about the fast. I,m ordering one on monday with some of Tonys magic port work
Tony's work is second to none, you wont be dissapointed! I do wanna put it on a dyno jet just for some numbers, but it'll have to wait for a dyno day when i can get on cheap. Im sure your car will pick up bigtime with the ported fast. Made a huge difference SOTP in my car, and in a 3700lb car it takes more than a few HP to notice it...lol

Quick Reply: Ported fast 90/90 swap...*Results*