Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring help ls376/480 to 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wiring help ls376/480 to 4L60E

Hello all, I hope someone can help. I'm wiring a GM transmission controller (4L60) with a LS3. I have a couple of questions:
1. The book says to splice connector C2 from the transmission controller into the throttle position sensor. The transmission plug is a 3 pin with red, black, and white. The engine throttle plug is a 6 pin (drive by wire), with green, blue w/black tracer, violet, brown, yellow, and red w/ pink tracer. Can anyone help with the spice sequence?
2. Connector C2 calls for a tach signal. It is a 2 pin with white, and black wires. I'm thinking that all I have to do is use the white tach wire from the ECU to white on the TCU and black is ground. Is that right?
3. The TCU calls for connecting plug C7 (output speed sensor) into the tailhousing. That works except that the ECU is already plugged in that location. Do I need to splice these two together, or do I not need the ECU plugged into the transmission? The TCU is black and red 2 pin, and the ECU harness uses a purple w/black tracer, and a green w/black tracer.
Any help is really appreciated, as this 4L60 is a new thing to me. Thanks again. Mike Coletta: