Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls3 sensor layout

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls3 sensor layout

i just recently purchased and recieved my ls376/515 carb'd crate engine . being that this is my first chevy engine i am working on . formally an olds motor person and work on my friends ford motors. i am not too sure about which sensors are what.. the ones i do know are the cam and crank sensor . then there is one in the drivers side head i would assume its the water temp sensor? but not too sure . then i have one that is in the back of the intake possibly water but not too sure either . then i have two black sensors on both sides of the block are these the knock sensors. then i have a 3/8 diameter tube that comes off the vally pan under the intake and also a small 1/8 inch tube that goes to both heads in front of the motor that comes out to one tube facing forward.. not too sure about those .. i tried searching on here but didnt have any luck finding it. any help would be apprieciated .. if you need picture i can put them up tomorrow if needed thanks
Old 10-05-2008, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

drivers head----water temp

back of intake-- usually map sensor---since it's carbed i'm not sure

black sensors---- knock sensors

valley pan under intake---pvc

front 2 into 1----coolant crossover---single goes to radiator.

hope this helps
Old 10-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Staging Lane

yes very much ... actually i miustyped what i put before but the on in the back of the motor is actually in the vally pan and looks like it may be for the oil pressure. thanks for you help
Old 10-23-2008, 06:03 PM

Default Ls376/515

Originally Posted by 87olds442
i just recently purchased and recieved my ls376/515 carb'd crate engine . being that this is my first chevy engine i am working on . formally an olds motor person and work on my friends ford motors. i am not too sure about which sensors are what.. the ones i do know are the cam and crank sensor . then there is one in the drivers side head i would assume its the water temp sensor? but not too sure . then i have one that is in the back of the intake possibly water but not too sure either . then i have two black sensors on both sides of the block are these the knock sensors. then i have a 3/8 diameter tube that comes off the vally pan under the intake and also a small 1/8 inch tube that goes to both heads in front of the motor that comes out to one tube facing forward.. not too sure about those .. i tried searching on here but didnt have any luck finding it. any help would be apprieciated .. if you need picture i can put them up tomorrow if needed thanks
I also purchase this carburated version. I have the MSD 6010 controller but none of the plugs in match any of the sensors, has anyone delt wiith this issue?

Jim
Old 10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

i have the 6012 box from msd. the crank, cam sensor fit like they should and so does the plugs for the coil packs..
Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The LS376 has a 58X reluctor, so the MSD6010 won't work. You will have to have the 6012 box, then the plugs will match.

Quick Reply: ls3 sensor layout