Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

charging issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default charging issues

i have a 08 ls3 vette with full exhaust cam and tune and just recently tha alternator stopped charging, it acts different everytime i start it, sumtimes it 13 sumtimes its 14 sumtimes its 11 ever heard of this before
Old 12-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain_Stabbin
i have a 08 ls3 vette with full exhaust cam and tune and just recently tha alternator stopped charging, it acts different everytime i start it, sumtimes it 13 sumtimes its 14 sumtimes its 11 ever heard of this before
13, 14, 11 what?

Alternator could just simply be on its way out. I just changed mine this week. It has been gradually dying over the past couple weeks. It would charge, then it wouldn't and the battery would be low. Then it would charge fine and the battery would be fully charged.

Take the battery out and bring it to Advance Auto for a test, if its not good you probably need a new alternator.

Also, when I took mine out the "excitor wire" that clips into the alternator was frayed. Maybe it was slowly breaking through and killed my alternator. Check that wire.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
13, 14, 11 what?

Alternator could just simply be on its way out. I just changed mine this week. It has been gradually dying over the past couple weeks. It would charge, then it wouldn't and the battery would be low. Then it would charge fine and the battery would be fully charged.

Take the battery out and bring it to Advance Auto for a test, if its not good you probably need a new alternator.

Also, when I took mine out the "excitor wire" that clips into the alternator was frayed. Maybe it was slowly breaking through and killed my alternator. Check that wire.
yea its weird batterys good

im thinkin maybe tha voltage regulator is messed up

Quick Reply: charging issues