Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone help?

i will try to keep this short. bought an "L76" motor and had no experience with this combo and just took the trusted word of the guy on the other end of the phone as to its vitals and origin. now 8 months later i now know 50% of the info was incorrect/misinteripted. the info that i know is correct is that it did have the solenoid for afm and it has square port heads (don't know which ones). btw-the block and heads are aluminum. can anyone give me a link or data sheet on this motor? i need to know all the specs so i can have a new custom cam ground for it. already had one done and it was waaaaay wrong. thanks for any and all help.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Maybe it's an L92 motor? The trucks had the AFM, and VVT. If the intake mani is an L76/LS3 then you have L92 heads. What exactly are you looking for?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Teching In

well long and short of it is that i bought a complete motor 6.0L all aluminum from oilpan to intake manifold for my truck from a reputable source. source says its a brand new motor - never been installed, they refer to it as the L76 motor which supposedly is the motor that was supposed to go into the new g8. anyhoot, the source sold me a cam that they rated at 500hp/500tq with the motor combo i purchased. of course long tube headers, no cat. after a grueling 8 months of screwing around with delays, wrong parts, swaping parts in and out and paying through the nose for research (cause this combo has never been done in a truck before, which i was told had been done all the time!) the truck finally went to the dyno and found out this motor is far from 500 numbers. to top it all off the dang thing won't pass smog now. bottom line is the cam is completely wrong and i can't get another cam until i figure out exactly what i have. just so the world knows my pain here are the rough numbers:

346hp/349tq rwhp
cam specs = 214/218 559/562 111lsa

truck falls completely on its nose at 6000. pulls fantastic really down low but runs out of steam really quick. so somewhere i dropped around 50hp/tq?