77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide, Nitrous or FI.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Help me decide, Nitrous or FI.

Ok guys, I need some help. I'm torn in between a nitrous or FI engine. I've already got a brand new JE -29cc pistons with rings and I bought a set of -8cc Wiseco pistons with brand new rings because I didnt know if I wanted to go with FI or nitrous. The JEs have been balanced with the rotating assembly and if I run the Wiseco's I will have to rebalance it, only $250 so no big deal. I'm building a 408 stroker and everything is forged, machine shop is waiting for me to tell him what final hone to put on the cylinder walls so the rings will seal. The block is an Lq4 iron block, L92 heads and an L76 intake, Morel lifters, Manley SS valves, valve bowls cleaned up a little bit. Havnt bought the cam yet because I dont know exactly how I am going to go. I have about a grand a month I can sink into this little project and have no problem slapping this MS3 cam into it until I get the rest of the FI setup bought and ready to put in, then I will get a blower cam if I decide to go the FI route. got a T-56 and the tranny is being rebuilt. I have bought everything you can buy to beef this tranny up from an online tranny parts store but they are not a sponser so I cant link em, but I got new input shaft, shift fork, billet keys, carbon fiber everything, bearings, the whole nine yards.

Now heres a little about me. This is my fun car, I have 2 other cars I take to work so I'm not real worried about gas mileage, however I do plan on going on the hot rod power tour and taking some trips in the TA and I dont want to be broken down on the side of the road, I want reliability. If I go nitrous, I will be using a 250 shot, but I'm saving the nitrous for the track and I might hit the track 1-2 times a month in the summer seasons, this is not a full out drag car. I'd like to hit 10s in the car and whether I go nitorus or FI I'm sure that will not be a problem

Now I'm afraid of having a car that is just unstreetable and by that classification I mean, hard to drive. I dont want so much horsepower thats its going to just be stupid fast on the street and not be able to hook up when some ***** is sitting next to me at a stop light. Again, I am wanting my car for fun, not for pro stocks or LSX shootouts.

This car is my dream car, always wanted a 98+ TA since I was 13 and here I am almost 28, I'm keeping this car for life. This is the fastest car I've ever owned, even in stock form, I upgraded to the LS6 intake and LS6 heads, couple here and theres but now I'm ready to join the big boys and have a bad *** toy. Please help me in making my decision. Thanks!

Stephen
Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love N2O I currently use a HUGE amount. I also want a good FI setup. Why? Over all the time I have used the N2O I could of had a bad *** FI setup. N2O pound for pound is the best adder out there. But..........you run out and lose performance as you use the bottle. I will always have the stuff. It will be a intercooling agent in the future. FI is best.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Default Fi/or nos

Why not have both. I do!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by black 99
why not have both. I do!!!
agreed!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Where in Oklahoma are you?
Old 03-29-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

How many ******* times do you need to post the same topic?!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Somebody09
How many ******* times do you need to post the same topic?!
I asked the topic here, and in nitrous specific and forced induction specific threads? Why do you come in being an ******* and not supply any type of reasoning of which way I should swing? I didnt ask for any rude comments so please, keep them to yourself.