Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help with LS3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John@Scoggin
I would not run as low as 8.9, but that is just me. I would recommend a callies upgraded rotating assy from any sponsor as long as it is also balanced and matched with boost rings. You will need a dish to get the Cr you want, but you also have to factor in head cc and head gasket thickness/bore as well as the bore size for the LS3 you are running. then go from there.
I'm playing around with CR still. I wanted to set the engine up once and then add the turbos later. I was willing to take a HP hit with the lower CR until I added the turbos but I just got done with the new LS build book and didn't realize that turbo pistons have a different ring placement than NA pistons. Since I'm going to have to tear down the engine for the turbo build I will probably build a higher compression NA motor. On another note, are you guys selling the new GMPP rotating assemblies? I just got the new catalog and they looked promising.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gm reports all of their new LSX cranks in the 09 catalog as requiring an 8 bolt flexplate/flywheel. they are not even out yet though.

they may be nice pieces, but not very cost effective really. and it will not only be an HP hit if you drop to 8.9:1 compression before you turbo.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got my work cut out for me then. This is exciting stuff but there's so much I have to learn still.

Quick Reply: Need help with LS3 Build