Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

MAF possibly dead, symptoms?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAF possibly dead, symptoms?

So my car has been sitting for sometime. The battery died on it, and I had to replace. All was fine, but shortly after driving on it, I experienced some poor idling as well as sputtering and some hesitation. It seems like it isnt firing on all cylinders. When this first started happening, I would let it warm up and it seemed to run fine after wards. I still had my power with no problems. One thing I noticed is that the temp gauge seems too flutter (dunno if that would be a hint to anything or not). I have had a similar issue in the past, and it was the MAF and had it replaced. It was the same sort of scenario, where it sat for a while, battery died and was replaced, then the MAF took a dump.

So any suggestions as to how to test if it is the MAF, maybe I have some fouled plugs, or bad wires?

Any ides are appreciated.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really? No one has an opinion here? Well I think I might have figured it out anyways. Thinking it is the fuel filter. Gunna swap it out today.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a stock car you can unplug the maf and if it really is an issue with the maf the problem should clear up. Now, with a tuned car that may or may not work depending on how well the tune is

Quick Reply: MAF possibly dead, symptoms?