Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2010 camaro ss hypertech

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 camaro ss hypertech

I have a 2010 Camaro SS Auto completly stock except for the K & N air intake, i bought the hypertec max horsepower programer, what are the best settings to pick? rev limiter? shift changes? etc. I dont know muchj just want my stock car to feel tougher. Thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

This should be in GenIV External or pcm tuning, but what octane do you plan on running? If anything, I'd install the recommended grade tune, leave the shift points the same, it won't add much, and possibly mess around a little with shift firmness/pressure. Unfortunately at most, you'll only gain maybe 5-10 hp. A real tune for about the same amount of money would net much much more.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Banned

For your settings you should pick the tune you want (Regular or Premium), and disable the 0-60 Throttle Restriction. You can disable the 4-cyl mode off too if the sound annoys you. Other than that, you should be good to go with most mods. No need to bump the rev and other stuff.

I do custom tuning as well, and unless you have some serious mods (cam, supercharger, etc.), you can't beat what Hypertech does. I've dyno'ed several cars with cold air intakes, exhaust, and headers with the Hypertech tune, and it works really well. If you do headers it may set a code because of the cats. The Hypertech dyno chart is right on with what I've seen for a stock car too, so their claimed gains may not be as high as other Programmers or "custom tunes" where the baselines are actually low. Yes if you are local I prefer you to pay me for a custom tune but if you have basic mods the Hypertech is spot on for you.

Quick Reply: 2010 camaro ss hypertech