LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation IV Internal Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine-80/)
-   -   Katech rodbolts out of stock? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/1291258-katech-rodbolts-out-stock.html)

87silverbullet 06-08-2010 03:11 PM

Katech rodbolts out of stock?

Just went on Katech's website and they are out of stock on the rodbolts. Are there that many people buying these rodbolts to be out of stock?

nysbadmk8 06-08-2010 03:30 PM

Yes...

Stang's Bane 06-08-2010 03:37 PM

The arp's can get you by if you are in a bind..

87silverbullet 06-08-2010 04:26 PM

Yes, but then i heard of spun bearings from not resizing the rod with using ARP rod bolts.

355TurboLT1 06-08-2010 04:43 PM

You need to call jason direct @ KATECH. Confirm that they are out and if so he will advise on when they will have some in stock.

Pwebbz28 06-08-2010 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet (Post 13441198)
Yes, but then i heard of spun bearings from not resizing the rod with using ARP rod bolts.

Whoever told you that is full of bologna!! You cant resize a cracked rod. See if you can get ahold of someone at crower. I THINK they have something to do with Katechs rod bolts

87silverbullet 06-08-2010 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28 (Post 13442818)
Whoever told you that is full of bologna!! You cant resize a cracked rod. See if you can get ahold of someone at crower. I THINK they have something to do with Katechs rod bolts

Good Deal! Will do.

355TurboLT1 06-08-2010 09:49 PM

So you are going to call crower and not Katech on availability?? I would think these are only available through KATECH. You need to speak with jason. He is the guy who will know. But what do I know, I have only bought a bunch of stuff from them.....

87silverbullet 06-08-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 355TurboLT1 (Post 13442896)
So you are going to call crower and not Katech on availability?? I would think these are only available through KATECH. You need to speak with jason. He is the guy who will know. But what do I know, I have only bought a bunch of stuff from them.....

So do you think Katech machines them in house? I think most likely not. Just like most of the cams on all of the vendor's sites are ground by comp cams. You can get the same cam some of these sponsors have straight from comp.

Pwebbz was only trying to give some insight on who makes them for Katech. Who knows we could be wrong and Katech could be machining them in-house.

Pwebbz28 06-09-2010 01:26 AM

I purchased a set of "katech" rod bolts from them a few years ago and one of them actually said CROWER on it :)

87silverbullet 06-09-2010 07:07 AM

See, there ya go, we learn something new everyday.

355TurboLT1 06-09-2010 10:20 PM

Ok so all we really know is crower makes these, or atleast use to. Most of Katechs stuff is only available through them. When you are one of the biggest names in the LS world you dont sell "ordinary" stuff that jegs or summit carries. A simple phone call could solve this guessing game and you just might have some rod bolts in a couple days. I dont really care, just trying to help.

87silverbullet 06-10-2010 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by 355TurboLT1 (Post 13447717)
Ok so all we really know is crower makes these, or atleast use to. Most of Katechs stuff is only available through them. When you are one of the biggest names in the LS world you dont sell "ordinary" stuff that jegs or summit carries. A simple phone call could solve this guessing game and you just might have some rod bolts in a couple days. I dont really care, just trying to help.

Don't get your tighties in a wad, Katech has a waiting list on their site for them and I put my e-mail in there for them to contact me.

355TurboLT1 06-10-2010 11:48 AM

Im not worked up at all. I have dealt with Katech quite a bit and know that when you want something it is always better to call. Good luck.

Katech_Jason 06-15-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet (Post 13440856)
Just went on Katech's website and they are out of stock on the rodbolts. Are there that many people buying these rodbolts to be out of stock?

Yes.

Originally Posted by 355TurboLT1 (Post 13441289)
You need to call jason direct @ KATECH. Confirm that they are out and if so he will advise on when they will have some in stock.

We are back in stock now. We had a June 15th sheduled shipment and 1 box arrived yesterday and the rest are arriving tomorrow. You can place an order now and it will ship tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28 (Post 13442818)

Crower has nothing to do with Katech rod bolts.

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet (Post 13443112)
So do you think Katech machines them in house? I think most likely not. Just like most of the cams on all of the vendor's sites are ground by comp cams. You can get the same cam some of these sponsors have straight from comp.

Pwebbz was only trying to give some insight on who makes them for Katech. Who knows we could be wrong and Katech could be machining them in-house.

A1 Technologies (http://www.a1technologies.com), a highly regarded aerospace/motorsports fastener manufacturer makes the Katech rod bolts exclusively for us. They don't sell them to anybody else. We order them in quantities of 2000, so even if they did sell them to somebody else I doubt anybody would want to make that kind of investment for the little profit we make on them. Some Katech dealers sell Katech rod bolts and they are purchased through us.

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28 (Post 13443649)
I purchased a set of "katech" rod bolts from them a few years ago and one of them actually said CROWER on it :)

Then one of them was not a Katech rod bolt.

Pwebbz28 06-16-2010 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Katech (Post 13474058)
Then one of them was not a Katech rod bolt.

Ok. Sorry. Never noticed it personally. I sold them to a tech member when i blew up my motor. he sent a pic saying they didnt all say Katech and instead one said Crower. I offered him a refund if he sent them back but he said it was no big deal. Perhaps he was trying to scam a partial refund.

My apologies for the bad info.