Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Katech rodbolts out of stock?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Katech rodbolts out of stock?

Just went on Katech's website and they are out of stock on the rodbolts. Are there that many people buying these rodbolts to be out of stock?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes...
Old 06-08-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The arp's can get you by if you are in a bind..
Old 06-08-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes, but then i heard of spun bearings from not resizing the rod with using ARP rod bolts.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You need to call jason direct @ KATECH. Confirm that they are out and if so he will advise on when they will have some in stock.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Yes, but then i heard of spun bearings from not resizing the rod with using ARP rod bolts.
Whoever told you that is full of bologna!! You cant resize a cracked rod. See if you can get ahold of someone at crower. I THINK they have something to do with Katechs rod bolts
Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Whoever told you that is full of bologna!! You cant resize a cracked rod. See if you can get ahold of someone at crower. I THINK they have something to do with Katechs rod bolts
Good Deal! Will do.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you are going to call crower and not Katech on availability?? I would think these are only available through KATECH. You need to speak with jason. He is the guy who will know. But what do I know, I have only bought a bunch of stuff from them.....
Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 355TurboLT1
So you are going to call crower and not Katech on availability?? I would think these are only available through KATECH. You need to speak with jason. He is the guy who will know. But what do I know, I have only bought a bunch of stuff from them.....
So do you think Katech machines them in house? I think most likely not. Just like most of the cams on all of the vendor's sites are ground by comp cams. You can get the same cam some of these sponsors have straight from comp.

Pwebbz was only trying to give some insight on who makes them for Katech. Who knows we could be wrong and Katech could be machining them in-house.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I purchased a set of "katech" rod bolts from them a few years ago and one of them actually said CROWER on it
Old 06-09-2010, 07:07 AM
TECH Veteran

See, there ya go, we learn something new everyday.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok so all we really know is crower makes these, or atleast use to. Most of Katechs stuff is only available through them. When you are one of the biggest names in the LS world you dont sell "ordinary" stuff that jegs or summit carries. A simple phone call could solve this guessing game and you just might have some rod bolts in a couple days. I dont really care, just trying to help.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Ok so all we really know is crower makes these, or atleast use to. Most of Katechs stuff is only available through them. When you are one of the biggest names in the LS world you dont sell "ordinary" stuff that jegs or summit carries. A simple phone call could solve this guessing game and you just might have some rod bolts in a couple days. I dont really care, just trying to help.
Don't get your tighties in a wad, Katech has a waiting list on their site for them and I put my e-mail in there for them to contact me.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not worked up at all. I have dealt with Katech quite a bit and know that when you want something it is always better to call. Good luck.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just went on Katech's website and they are out of stock on the rodbolts. Are there that many people buying these rodbolts to be out of stock?
Yes.

You need to call jason direct @ KATECH. Confirm that they are out and if so he will advise on when they will have some in stock.
We are back in stock now. We had a June 15th sheduled shipment and 1 box arrived yesterday and the rest are arriving tomorrow. You can place an order now and it will ship tomorrow.

Crower has nothing to do with Katech rod bolts.

So do you think Katech machines them in house? I think most likely not. Just like most of the cams on all of the vendor's sites are ground by comp cams. You can get the same cam some of these sponsors have straight from comp.

Pwebbz was only trying to give some insight on who makes them for Katech. Who knows we could be wrong and Katech could be machining them in-house.
A1 Technologies (http://www.a1technologies.com), a highly regarded aerospace/motorsports fastener manufacturer makes the Katech rod bolts exclusively for us. They don't sell them to anybody else. We order them in quantities of 2000, so even if they did sell them to somebody else I doubt anybody would want to make that kind of investment for the little profit we make on them. Some Katech dealers sell Katech rod bolts and they are purchased through us.

I purchased a set of "katech" rod bolts from them a few years ago and one of them actually said CROWER on it
Then one of them was not a Katech rod bolt.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Katech
Then one of them was not a Katech rod bolt.
Ok. Sorry. Never noticed it personally. I sold them to a tech member when i blew up my motor. he sent a pic saying they didnt all say Katech and instead one said Crower. I offered him a refund if he sent them back but he said it was no big deal. Perhaps he was trying to scam a partial refund.

My apologies for the bad info.

Last edited by Pwebbz28; 06-16-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Katech rodbolts out of stock?