Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Overheating ZO6 06 !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating ZO6 06 !!

Hi
I got ZO6 06 with only 9k miles.I imported from US. I'm from Middle East, Saudi Arabia.(where the temperature varies from 25C to 35C in night and 40C to 50C in the day)
I noticed that when I drive my car (in even a temperature of 23C) for 45 min to an hour I feel hot inside the car and when I follow that source of heat I found it starts before the H-pipe and reaches to the end of the exhaust. I remove the pollution part that is located just after the headers and I didn't notice any difference. Then, I put an insulation on the pipes between the headers and the H-pipe.. again no differences. So, anybody can help me in this overheating issues

Note: the car doesn't indicate any warning for overheating of the exhaust and temp. gage is varying from 160 to the middle.

Thankx
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think thats just normally how the v8 deals with heat. I know my father in laws 4th gen can get warm inside from just normal driving around. i think if the gauge isnt coming up as over heating you might not have an issue. maybe someone knows better then i.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 AM
HNK
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thespark24
Hi
I got ZO6 06 with only 9k miles.I imported from US. I'm from Middle East, Saudi Arabia.(where the temperature varies from 25C to 35C in night and 40C to 50C in the day)
I noticed that when I drive my car (in even a temperature of 23C) for 45 min to an hour I feel hot inside the car and when I follow that source of heat I found it starts before the H-pipe and reaches to the end of the exhaust. I remove the pollution part that is located just after the headers and I didn't notice any difference. Then, I put an insulation on the pipes between the headers and the H-pipe.. again no differences. So, anybody can help me in this overheating issues

Note: the car doesn't indicate any warning for overheating of the exhaust and temp. gage is varying from 160 to the middle.

Thankx

Salam

your dealer should have a way to insulate the passenger cabin. I had that done in Abu Dhabi and it helped very much. If they dont have this option/service, then you can find some vendors here who sell what you need and you need to find someone professional to do a clean install. Better do the whole cabin area, front to back. That will solve your problem for good. Then the fun starts when you start modifying it.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure on the c6z's but on the c5's they left out sound deading and insulation material to save weight. My c5z gets hot around the torque tube tunnel if I drive very long. It doesnt mean anything is wrong. Also your location probably doesnt help either. There are products out there that will lower cabin heat and noise. The draw back is the addition weight.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:04 PM
HNK
Staging Lane

I didnt check how heavy was what they installed in my car, but let me tell you, the heat gets unbearable, truly unbearable. So if it adds 50 lbs, its well worth the addition. I believe the ones shipped to the region after 07 are already done from GM. A friend has a 08 and not much heat issue.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Crazy Cowboy Kit!

On another forum there is a vendor who sells a precut insulation kit for your C5. Try doing a google search for "crazy cowboy C5". It will help with the heat.

Bob K.

Quick Reply: Overheating ZO6 06 !!