Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Xer 273 cam on ls2 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xer 273 cam on ls2 !!!

guys

the cam is so Aggressive and got a chopy idle i like how it sounds and pulls my c6 with a6 gearbox

but when i stop on a traffic light with D gearbox the cam is pushing the car even while im using the brake !! and sometimes engine wanna stop untill

i quick shift to N !!

note: i still didnt change the stock torque converter

and the tune im not gonna say perfect but its fair good

and when i start the car while its cold and shift to D the engine stops !!

drivability is really bad one of my friends told me a 3600 torque converter will solve my problem !! and other says the tune !!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With a cam like that I'm supprised you can stop the back wheels from spinning on the stock torque converter. My old LT1 with a 228 duration cam was on the stock TC and if I stopped in gravel my rear tires would continue spinning until I pushed hard on the brake. Then it would stall out. Cams of any size need to idle higher and they can't to it very easily with the really tight stock converter. If you step up the converter and you're still having issues then you'll know the tune needs to be checked as well.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Launching!

so the cam would idle higher with a high stall converter ? i thought tune would let the cam iddle higher !

thanks for the info golf
Old 08-23-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It might depending on where the tune is set to idle. For example, say you have a tune that wants the engine to idle at 1000RPM and a stall that starts moving the car at 900RPM. So with the car in gear at a stop you'll have the tune trying to up the engine speed to 1000RPMs and a stall that will only let the car idle at 900 RPM at a stop. So at a stop light you're constantly on the brakes either fighting to keep the car stopped or it's stalling out.

These numbers are just an example I picked out of thin air, hopefully that makes sense.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette_uae1
so the cam would idle higher with a high stall converter ? i thought tune would let the cam iddle higher !

thanks for the info golf
No bro, the only thing a converter does is multiply the torque from the crank and also gives you the option of deciding where you want to stall in your power band.....

With a cam like that... a 2500 stall would be perfect... if you want a little more peformance, a 3000 stall..... 3600 is over kill for a street car, it will kill mpg, and have excessive slippage= heat in your tranny...... Most guys just buy converters because Joe Blow put it in his car.... You need to pick a converter specific to your engine power band and intentions.......

That jerking and stalling out has to do with the tune as well a stock converter with a performance cam.....So there are couple of issues that ned to be addressed......

Also auto's don't like a lot of overlap......what is your cam installed on 111 or 112?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Launching!

golf thanks alot for the helpfull info bro

bozzhawg my cam has 114 yeah as u said most ppl advice me to get 3600tc but i only saw high hp cars like 550rwhp+
i guess im gonna go with tci 3200 tc cuz im going to get a fast 102 intake and tb in future , thanks alot buddy for ur help
Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette_uae1
golf thanks alot for the helpfull info bro

bozzhawg my cam has 114 yeah as u said most ppl advice me to get 3600tc but i only saw high hp cars like 550rwhp+
i guess im gonna go with tci 3200 tc cuz im going to get a fast 102 intake and tb in future , thanks alot buddy for ur help
Well on a 114, there should be limited surge and funky stuff down low....

It must be in your tune or the converter.....

Quick Reply: Xer 273 cam on ls2 !!!