Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Manley Stroker Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manley Stroker Kit Question

So i recieved my engine today, a LS2 Block filled with some goodies from manley. 4inch crank, H-Beam Rods, And manley forgies. Ontop is a set of cnc ported heads and 252/256 114 Lsa Custom grind comp cam. Jesel rockers and Fast 102r intake with NW 102 MM tb.

Since im running an LS1 PCM i know i need the 24x crank reluctor. I removed the crank fitted the new reluctor. I noticed my rod bolts (ARP 8740 7/16) had ARP moly grease on them. I was told by the builder that they should be torqued to 65ft/lbs in 3 steps. So i did this and put the bottom end back together.

Later w on i check the manley site and it says dont use moly grease and bolt it down to 85 ft/lb.

Question is, is my engine going to throw a rod. Because its been sent in with my car to be fitted.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would check with your engine builder to see where he got his info, then tell him what Manley said. I would always go with the specs provided by the manufacturer. You can also call Manley and speak with them to double check the torque specs. I would tell them what your engine builder did when he assembled the motor, see what they say. I know its a holiday weekend so that means this probably won't happen till Tuesday, if your lucky. Better safe than sorry. I wouldn't put that in until you get this figured out.

Quick Reply: Manley Stroker Kit Question