Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Go with DBW or DBC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Go with DBW or DBC?

Alright a little background, Im picking up a LY6 for a lsx/t56 project in my 2000 sonoma. Ive driven a 08 sierra with a ly6 for testing at work and the lag was apparent, Ive also heard from a few others whom have dealt with the lag on the newer vehicles with dbw throttle. So Im thinking I either swap to a ls3 intake manifold and run a dbw throttle and keep the vvt with an aftermarket vvt cam. Or swap to a cable throttle body and remove the vvt for a traditional setup. My goals are a simple 425whp which should be attainable either way. But hey the more the merrier
From the begining I was planning on removing the vvt but now with more doors opening for the vvt, cam wise and getting into the tuning I've been considering keeping the vvt. Then today I found out that if I want to keep the vvt I have to run a dbw throttle since thats all the newest ecus can run.
Sort of stuck in between now.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

some company has a module out thats suspose to fix that "lag". I read about it a mag while at the supermarket with the wifey. I wish I would of wrote down the info or bought that mag. I'll Goggle it tomarrow.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh, DBW for sure. When you tune the car, the DBW can be set up how you want it. Why don't you run a carb, too? It will run much better, idle better, etc with wire.

Quick Reply: Go with DBW or DBC?