Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

CNC'd L92s worth the $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:18 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
i had a set of your ported L92's and they looked likecompared to the TEA L92's i have now i was just stating my opinion and if it makes u feel any better i think tsp's are budget ported as well.

both have alot of rough spots around the ports and when spending over 1000$ on ported stock casting i was hoping for a better set of heads, but you get what you pay for and i have no regrets going with TEA and they shipped me both heads
Facts are more relevant than your opinion, and the derogatory manner in which you are talking about our heads is uncalled for. I posted for you the third party testing done that shows the true results of ported L92 heads on the same engine and ours are obviously not inferior like you are claiming from nothing more than looking at the ports. If you know enough about heads and porting them that you can just LOOK at a head and know which one is better than the other, why aren't heads that you ported running right up there with the big dog's heads in that test like ours did? It's ridiculous for you to make such posts twice when the TRUTH was posted for you to look at.

Those guys produce great heads, I won't take any credit away from them. That said, ours have proven that they deserve some credit too.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Last edited by Scoggin Dickey; 03-10-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Facts are more relevant than your opinion, and the derogatory manner in which you are talking about our heads is uncalled for. I posted for you the third party testing done that shows the true results of ported L92 heads on the same engine and ours are obviously not inferior like you are claiming from nothing more than looking at the ports. If you know enough about heads and porting them that you can just LOOK at a head and know which one is better than the other, why aren't heads that you ported running right up there with the big dog's heads in that test like ours did? It's ridiculous for you to make such posts twice when the TRUTH was posted for you to look at.
I wouldn't sweat it too much. Anyone who has read this thread and the article you posted has all the information they need to make a good decision.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I wouldn't sweat it too much. Anyone who has read this thread and the article you posted has all the information they need to make a good decision.
Thanks, I appreciate it. You're very right that I shouldn't sweat it.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Wishful thinking Bro, sorry to say... Commonsense and reasoning seem to be lost on many here

DM
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Wishful thinking Bro, sorry to say... Commonsense and reasoning seem to be lost on many here

DM
Lol everyone getting butt hurt over a small post about me not bein pleased with the heads I had at least u gave me a refund and shipped me the wrong bolts thanks scoggin I'm glad when someone pay to be a sponcer u can't say anything bad about them even if you had 3 bad experiences with them. They pay so nobody am state true facts and to be honest I'm not convinced the heads in the magazine are not the ones u sell to the public but I'm done with this thread I guess I shouldn't have tried to give business to a sponcer who actually takes time porting there heads instead of just trying to sell the cheapest cnc'd L92's
Old 03-12-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
i had a set of your ported L92's and they looked likecompared to the TEA L92's i have now i was just stating my opinion and if it makes u feel any better i think tsp's are budget ported as well.

both have alot of rough spots around the ports and when spending over 1000$ on ported stock casting i was hoping for a better set of heads, but you get what you pay for and i have no regrets going with TEA and they shipped me both heads
I think the "rough spots" that you are referring to are a result of the poor casting and or "core shift". A CNC program is a dead-accurate process that can be duplicated the same as many times as necessary. That being said, it can NOT make up for the casting issues and flaws that the OEM often suffers from.
To date, I have had three sets of L92 heads, purchased from different vendors, ALL CNC ported by the same company. The rough spots that I experienced, came from "dips" in the ports and combustion chambers. The work that the CNC machine did was flawless. But the key to ANY good job, is a nice even, good foundation. A CNC job can not cure a bad foundation. Just my two cents...
Old 03-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

I am not saying this is the case with any particular head, but any head porter will tell you that not all areas always need to be cut. I would be willing to bet that some CNC programs are designed to cut areas that do not need to be cut as a concession for appearance's sake.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice numbers on them heads man

Quick Reply: CNC'd L92s worth the $$$?