Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

input needed lq4 build

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default input needed lq4 build

I am building a lq4 for my 64 Chevy II and was looking for some input. I started with an lq4 which I intended of using just the short block of. Well after further tear down found more engine sludge than I've ever seen. Spun all of the rod bearings and trashed the crank. So my plans of just slapping on new bearings and installing l92 heads and a ls3 intake went right out the window.

My goals are right around 600 at the crank for now. I was wondering now that I have to find a rotating assembly, is there one out of a ls based motor that would get me closer to my goals? Going to be running a t56 out of a GTO.

Currently the parts list for this motor are
lq4 block
l92 heads
ls3 intake
new timing chain and gears

need to find a ported oil pump
still have yet to find a cam for the setup
Old 03-28-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty4sedan
I am building a lq4 for my 64 Chevy II and was looking for some input. I started with an lq4 which I intended of using just the short block of. Well after further tear down found more engine sludge than I've ever seen. Spun all of the rod bearings and trashed the crank. So my plans of just slapping on new bearings and installing l92 heads and a ls3 intake went right out the window.

My goals are right around 600 at the crank for now. I was wondering now that I have to find a rotating assembly, is there one out of a ls based motor that would get me closer to my goals? Going to be running a t56 out of a GTO.

Currently the parts list for this motor are
lq4 block
l92 heads
ls3 intake
new timing chain and gears

need to find a ported oil pump
still have yet to find a cam for the setup
you might get more help in the gen 3 section since an lq4 isn't a gen 4. depends on how much you want to spend on the rest of the parts.

Check out my thread, i have a list of parts and part numbers. Let me know if you think if something i forgot!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ker-build.html