Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Coolant leak Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coolant leak Question

We have a coolant leak...We feel like we have traced it down to this location (see picture for thin tube running the length of the valley cover). The motor is L92 based 418 shortblock with 243 casting heads and factory TBSS intake. Is this the coolant bypass line? The shop working on it thinks this is a aftermarket part because it doesn't pull up on ALLDATA as a factory 07 TBSS part, so they can't find a replacement part. I will be honest, I don't remember changing this part out for an aftermarket piece, and am unsure if the installer did this as a required modification to mate the L92 SB with the 243 top end...so I am looking for some assistance. Anyone know what this part is, what a replacement P/N is? All we need to get the rig going again is a simple swap of this part, but no one seems to know what part needs to be ordered to replace it.

If we have to, does anyone know any reason why the configuration of this can't be returned back to the stock rubber tube...as this would be a quick fix...but where cooling ports etc on the L92 SB may be different from the factory LS2 block, I am looking for someone with more wisdom than me to help answer that question.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

TTT any thoughts on P/N's?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

Your set up is from an early LSx, Later LSx engines block off the rear 2 steam vents and use a crossover tube like this-

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...605-resize.jpg

-that feeds to the radiator for the front 2. I belive the new set up is common to all LSx engines. Scoggin-Dickey can set you up.

Quick Reply: Coolant leak Question