Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Which rockers for a boosted engine? (15-25psi or maybe more)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which rockers for a boosted engine? (15-25psi or maybe more)

I put this in the FI section but thought I would get some hits here too.

I'm building a 364 boost motor and going with PRC LS3 aftermarket casting heads. The plans are to run this motor with 15-25psi of boost, maybe more. The goal is to make a 32-3300lb race weight car go into the 8 second zone. My question is a simple one. I am trying to figure out which rocker arm system to run. I know the stock rockers with the trunion upgrade are being used widely but are they something you would use on a motor that I will be making this much power with. Should I go Comp pro mag or just go all the way and get the Comp shaft system? If it doesn't need it I would not rather spend the money but if thats what I have to use then so be it. Thoughts? Thanks guys.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the stockers with a trunion upgrade would work very well! The naturally tendency on bigger HP combos is to grab an aftermarket rocker for "peace of mind." But many of them are much heavier over the tip than the stockers are, which combined with cam profile and boost pressure on the backside of the intake valve often causes instability and control issues. The less mass the better, in general.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!