Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

A little Cam help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little Cam help

Alright, please excuse my ignorance. I've been in the import scene, well still am, and I'm working on a 408 stroker for my 2002 Lexus IS300. I've been doing some homework and will be using an LQ9 Block.

I'm looking at using Wiseco 4.030 Pistons
K1 Technology Rods
Eagle 4.00" crank.

Now, the cam I was recommended was THIS ONE which seems to be pretty aggressive. Does it seem a little aggressive to you guys? I am looking for a semi-aggressive cam. Meaning I want to get some power and do like it being a little lopey, but I want to be able to drive the car with ease on a daily basis.

Last question, am I doing this backwards? Should I choose my heads then base my cam off of that? I should note that I am looking for a setup I can spin at a higher RPM. I'm not looking to be in honda territory at 10-11k lol.

Thanks guys, I searched around but for questions like this its kind of hard to get a direct answer with searches.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The link to the camshaft took me to the Wiseco pistons.

We do offer several camshafts that will fit your application. Give us a call, we can help you pick one that will meet your goals, or at least point you in the right direction.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 11-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jake@Texas-Speed
The link to the camshaft took me to the Wiseco pistons.

We do offer several camshafts that will fit your application. Give us a call, we can help you pick one that will meet your goals, or at least point you in the right direction.
Do this but with your own advice taken into account, choose the heads then call TSP for the Cam advice
Old 11-22-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

choose the heads, then select the camshaft.

what tranny will be in the car?

Quick Reply: A little Cam help