Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

No response from TEA...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by litle88
Now what?....

This isint ms,IBM,Att or Aon companies here on this board or in the same market, get real fellas these are companies for gearheads and enthusiasts. I bet neither one of you have a business degree or a business. If you don't get an "email" reply as soon as you hit send, go elsewhere and stop crying. OP that's not for you, Mike is a good guy and he'll take care of you.
Hey there, throttle back on the energy drinks, nobody said TEA or Mike wasn't good people. I have used TEA TFS 215s on my Fbody and TEA answered all my questions and set me strait during the install.

I was generalizing when I made my comment I do not have a business degree, just some lower level business economic classes. What I have learned is the vast majority of people prefer email or some kind of typed communication. The generation of consumers comming up are Twitter, Facebook,Ebay, and online shoppers, they breathe through the text message. I think it goes back to documentation of what was said/agreed upon. My goal was not to offend just throw some facts out there.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I called TEA earlier today. Very helpfull.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wink

I normally stay out of these threads but i felt as though i needed to say soemthing
soooooooooooo lol
I purchased some 245 TEA heads from B Tooley when he still was at TEA
Over a year later ,due to proscratination from lack of money and time,i called TEA to see if i could possibly exchange my valve springs for some different ones since i was changing cams
Mike S at TEA ,who never met me,spoke to me ,or even knew i existed,said no problem,as long as the heads were never ran he'd fix me up
He traded me out springs,retainers,locks and seals and never even charged me shipping
He also took some locaters and cut them down for me free of charge
Then fast forward a few months ,and i decided i wanted tio make the move to a differnt valve
Once again,Mike said send them out and ill trade you for some hollow stems and i just payed the cost difference
Then fast forward a few months later,i decided to go solid roller
Once again,they set me up with new springs and retainers as well as another set of locaters
i realize i was a royal pain in the ***,but Mike never once hesitated to help me out,citing he wanted me to be happy as well as most importantly,he wanted the build to be correct
I will never complain about there service as they went way above and beyond what they ever need to do for me
Oh and by the way
Those out of the box non trndy by todays standards catherdral port 245's run hi 9s on motor at almost 8000ft of air,with 14% converter slippage after 12 passes
Have never touched a jet or timing yet!
Thats low nines in anything resembling good air as it sits/or sat!
( i am in the process of building a new shortblock as we speak)
TEA and specificly Mike Scmidt are a class act in every way and should be commended
Nick E

Last edited by crossbreed383; 05-03-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I thought B Tooley was still at TEA? (owner)
Old 05-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all, and yes we have stuck with the TEA prepared TFS225s. As mentioned in my second post we went through a third party (Jim at www.fordstrokers.com) because he has established an excellent working relationship with TEA. Also as he is preparing two engines for customers of ours, which will be shipping soon it made logistical sense for the heads to go to Woody, and then ship everything together.

Please note at no point was I "bashing" TEA or any of their employees, I simply wanted confirmation that the cylinder head I'd selected would be correct for the application, and what they'd cost to send to Australia (duty excepted). The customer had paid up front and was a little anxious to get things underway as quickly as possible.

All good now, everyone's happy and hopefully I'll be posting dyno results in the near future.

Thanks also to the other vendors who took the effort to contact me, it was appreciated. In particular Tony, regarding the other engine combo we discussed, if the gives the go ahead we shall talk again soon!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Op good news mate, send us your link after the dyno numbers keep us posted.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Hey all, just touching back here with an update of how this combo went. All parts arrived safe and sound via the slow boat, the aforementioned TEA 225cc heads and a custom stick from Ed at FTI. Bearing in mind both the heads and the cam where spec'd to run forced induction meaning the compression ratio dropped from stock LS2 to 9.8:1 we were very happy to punch out 446rwhp@6500rpm. The factory manifold and throttlebody will be replaced with a TV2300 setup in the near future.

In the end very very happy with the quality of product and service received from both TEA (via Woody at Fordstrokers) and from Ed Curtis at FTI. Hopefully the below links will work to a pic of the dyno sheet and a short vid prior to the ECU retune.

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/...-12-08-391.mp4
Old 09-03-2012, 04:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a lot easier to get mike on the phone instead of email. Seems like he gets more done via phone than email also. Reminds me I need to call him tomorrow to see if he ever sent out my flow sheets for my heads I ordered. They never came with the heads or my port matched intake. At this point I'd even take a .PDF email version if I could.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol

Just call is the way, anyways OP that's great to hear mate!! You picked all the right people for your build that's for sure!

Congrats!

Ps can you guys bring some of that supercar series to the states? That's the way stock car racing should be! Lol. Still keep us posted after that 2300 gets nestled between those TFS's! Should be a badazz build!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Teching In

I hear a rumour that perhaps when the new Formula One track is finished in Austin it will also host a round or two of the V8 Supercar Series... That'd be a spectacle for sure!

Thanks again, like I said, calling from here can be a little tricky with the timezones (not wanting to annoy the missus with 2am phone calls).

Quick Reply: No response from TEA...