Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 Lifters

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 Lifters

Any one found out or know what the limits of the LS7 lifters are, hp wise?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not really about hp. Lift, lobes, pushrod, rockers, springs, valve weight all that comes in play
Old 10-23-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Tainted. Also I had a new LS7 lifter fail on a motor that had a .650" lift cam cut on aggressive xer lobes. Was also running a gang of open spring pressure though, so im sure that both the lobes and the heavy duty springs played their part.

If i were building a ***** out motor i would definitely not be putting LS7 lifters in it. Im not saying that the LS7 lifters arnt any good but they definitely have their limits. Im sure others will disagree but thats my 2 pennies.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports
I agree with Tainted. Also I had a new LS7 lifter fail on a motor that had a .650" lift cam cut on aggressive xer lobes. Was also running a gang of open spring pressure though, so im sure that both the lobes and the heavy duty springs played their part.

If i were building a ***** out motor i would definitely not be putting LS7 lifters in it. Im not saying that the LS7 lifters arnt any good but they definitely have their limits. Im sure others will disagree but thats my 2 pennies.
^^^^Agreed. I have messed with LS motors for a long time now and never thought twice about the lifters and the trays they are in. A little while ago a buddy had one of his lifters turn on him in the tray and cause some major damage in the engine. Ever since then I have decided to use tie bar lifters instead in all cars I build.

Spend a little more and get a little peace of mind.

Quick Reply: LS7 Lifters