Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Help required Preload

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help required Preload

Hi guys, first post on here so please be gentle :-)

I have a 2006 LS2 in my Ultima GTR, with a comp cams xer-273 cam and 54200 uprated valve train kit, push rods 7.4 inch.
Revs to 7000 and produces about 500bhp
During a recent remap one of my lifters (standard GM) collapsed and luckily we spotted it before it caused any further damage.

I was going to order the pro-magnum lifters from comp cams (after speaking to them) as the replacement set.
After browsing the web it has become apparent that i will need to set up the pre load correctly. Im an engineer by trade but not motor, so im a keen learner, I do have the assistance of a very experienced race mechanic (doesn't usually work on LS's), but I cant find a straight forward explanation of how to set the preload on an LS2 with standard rockers, they seem to mount on a bar all the way across.

Question is can any of you guys a share a link to, or know of a printable procedure that can shed some light for me.

Thanks very much

Dave
Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....93&postcount=3

ask and you shall recieve, follow the link and that should be all you need.

also, I'd recommend some morel/lunati link bar lifters...
Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tainted thanks for that, although im not sure that was what i was looking for, or do i need adjustable pushrods if i have standard GM rockers. ....
or

cant i just replace the lifters, MUST I also replace the pushrods after getting the lifters. Thia is a bit of a pain as i;m in the UK and my parts come from the States

Why would you reccomend morel lifters over the Comp Cams?

Dave

Last edited by dave4367; 11-28-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: addition

Quick Reply: Help required Preload