Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

MAF location question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF location question

Doing a custom mid-engine build with an LS3 erod crate engine. According to the install instructions, I need to locate the MAF sensor in a 4" diameter tube, in the middle of a 6" straight section and at least 10" from the throttle body. Problem is, I have no room! I would appreciate any suggestions for ways to get around this, as I have seen pictures of LS3s with the MAF located very close to the throttle body and the filter mounted right after that.

In the attached picture, you can see the engine sitting under the rear clip. Originally I had planned to route the CAI to the left side of the engine, but it hits the frame/rear clip in several places so I am left with routing it straight back but I don't have the room for the total length of the CAI the install instructions specify before it starts to hit other crap.

Any suggestions are most appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails MAF location question-img_0092.jpg   MAF location question-rear-clip2.gif  
Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The MAF is calibrated under those conditions and tuned for it. You can certainly alter the position (while losing the CA 50 state cert) but you'll also want to have it tuned to deal with the modified values the MAF may read in modified air flow.

Quick Reply: MAF location question