Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Ls2 misfire trouble Help!! please

Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 misfire trouble Help!! please

Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 Gto with 57,000 miles and I've been fighting a misfire problem for a while now.This is the story...from what I remember it didn't misfire before my tune or at least I didn't noticed it. Car seemed to run fine...then i had a bad sputtering and a rough idle like it was cammed about a month or so later with a CEL that I scanned ..it was a bad o2 on bank 1 sensor 1 ...which i swapped with bank2 sensor 1 and it followed it there so i replaced bank 1 sensor 1 with new o2 sensor. So after that i still have a rough idle and when under load i get little jerks im guessing misfires here and there with a flashing CEL.I dont get a smooth acceleration. The mods are otrcai , jba headers and cat less midpipes msd spark plug wires and NGK tr55 spark plugs. I've pulled the spark plugs often to check and they look like they are fine. I also had a leaking vavle cover gasket but on opposite side but I replaced both.

Things I've done to trouble shoot are I've switched plugs around, coil packs around, swapped injectors ,spark plug wires and a compression check. The misfires always stay on cylinder #4 never moves so I'm thinking all the parts are fine

Compression #'s are

Cyl # 1 (190)
Cyl #2 (195)
Cyl #3 (189)
Cyl #4 (186)
Cyl #5 (189)
Cyl #6 (191)
Cyl #7 (190)
Cyl #8 (190)

Whats steps should I do next?
Do you thinks its the tune?
Ive also tried spraying around starter fluid for vaccum leaks didnt see any real noticeable changes in engine running.
Should i just pull the intake manifold for fun to check it out?
Thanks for the help in advance and sorry i did this from my phone.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Flashing CEL is a "hard Misfire"
check the obvious first. scanner will tell what hole is misfiring.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Data log the computer and watch the misfire count. Pull the springs on the cylinder that is misfiring the most and test them on spring pressure tester. Check the tested PSI vs. acceptable specs.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 AM

Alright guys... I pulled the intake manifold and everything looked good. I put everything back together and she is running great..might of been a leak...I'm just glad its finally working like it should. Idles greats runs great and no misfires. Anyways thank y'all for the advice.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF it comes back, and lets hope it doesn't. I would check O2s all the way around. I had the same problem, and had my 2 rears tuned out and had to change the 2 fronts to make it go away...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ls2 misfire trouble Help!! please