Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam selection using kinsler ITB's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cam selection using kinsler ITB's?

Hi Guys,

I think my cam is showing signs of degradation, idle going rough after being silky smooth the last couple of years, and power is off, i am going to measure lift at the valve train this week, but if my hunch is correct its a couple of cam lobes going south...
My current cam was specc'd by Thunder racing a few years back, but that was specc'd for a ported FAST, i now run 55mm Kinsler ITB's so think i could maybe go less intake duration?
My current cam spec is 244/257- .624/.596, the exhaust valve is left open for a long time due to my headers being restricted to 1 3/4" install is tight!
They are tubular but are varying in length 24"-32" in length, again its tight in there.
I have matched the Ported DART 225's to the ITB's aswell as a 5 angle VJ.
Its a 416CI with Mahle pistons (4.070) with 4cc valve cut outs, running 11:5 COMP ratio, we run 98RON fuel here in the UK

Pat G did me a cam a few years back which was good, but i cant get an answer just yet, and i have a track event coming up in November.
I have recent Comp Dual valve springs good for .650 lift already installed.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to Comp-Inglese and look at the custom cams for the Inglese ITBs. The set ups are similar.

Quick Reply: Cam selection using kinsler ITB's?