Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 Bolt-On Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 Bolt-On Performance

Hello all,

As I am sure this has been discussed before, I am really just looking for some direction as to what I should do to milk some more ponies out of my Yukon Denali.

I have a K&N FIPK, Magnaflow muffler welded in, and a Bully Dog GT Gas.

I plan on starting over with the exhaust and getting long-tubes with a custom welded exhaust. By custom, I just mean buying some mufflers and having a shop weld it all together in lieu of buying a really expensive exhaust system - I don't see a major difference, other than price. Should I try for a true 3" dual, or is a y-pipe to 3.5" back fine?

It seems as though installing an LS3 intake, throttle body, and injectors is the next step for induction. Are there any programming issues with using the LS3 injectors?

Next is the cam. I see that there are a number of companies manufacturing VVT cams with phaser limiters - should I go that route, or replace parts of the valve train and eliminate the AFM and install a regular cam (maybe LS3)?

In conjunction with the cam and intake, I suppose I should go with a better tune and get it dyno'ed? There has to be a limit with to the Bully Dog to handle modifications like that?

Are there any underdrive pulleys available for the L92, and is it even worth it?

Lastly, are there mods to the 6L80E I have that should be done, such as a different torque converter? Is eliminating the AWD a reasonable option, or is that totally unnecessary?

I understand there are a bunch of questions here, and what I am really looking for is either links to posts I should review, opinions of course from members who have done similar mods, and even what manufacturers I should purchase the parts from.

Thanks in advance - any and all input is more than welcome!

Quick Reply: L92 Bolt-On Performance