Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 Exhaust Port Length

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS3 Exhaust Port Length

I can't find the LS3 exhaust port length anywhere. Does anybody have the exact length? I actually paid for pipe max, and am trying to adhere to the exact header dimensions it provided, but of course I need to subtract the exhaust port length. I heard somewhere at one point 3.15", but then I found a cut away and tried to extrapolate the measurement by comparing the known exhaust port height and scaling up and I got 3.39", but I don't trust either...

Old 09-03-2014, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody has ever taken the exhaust port length into consideration when building a set of headers?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I asked Richard from WCCH a while back and he said my exhausts were 3.335 and the intakes is 5.320 after he was finished with them.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

The question is not what the length is, but rather why do you need to know?
Old 09-05-2014, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Highspeedlean, Thankyou! I was going to PM Richard next if this thread didn't work out... He's the man!

Dyno Junkie, Since I'm bothering to use pipemax to calculate ideal header dimensions, I didn't want to then build them to different dimensions because I didn't have an accurate exhaust port length. Pipemax gives you the total length required for the wave tuning based on exhaust closing point of the cam and a bunch of other variables, but the length it gives you is supposed to represent the distance from the valve to either the step or the distal merge point of the collector; so obviously you have to subtract the length of the exhaust port when deciding how long to make the primaries.

Quick Reply: LS3 Exhaust Port Length