Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

PRC LS7 heads question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRC LS7 heads question.

I bought a used tsp ls7 a few months back and am trying to figure out the heads on it. All it says on the build sheet is PRC cnc ported ls7 cylinder heads with hollow stem intake intake valves with 1.290" dual springs and Ti retainers. It looks like they have bronze guides by looking down the ports. But it says nothing about the exhaust valves. Id like to know if it has stainless exhaust valves and if those hollow stem intake valves are any good. Ive contacted texas speed and didn't get too much out of them since it was built it 12/07. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Anybody else have these heads?
Old 11-06-2014, 12:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately we cannot pull orders up that far back to see 100% sure what was done. We always change out the exhaust valves. Back then, we would have put a stainless steel valve in it. About 90% of the time the guides are replaced as well so that is why you are seeing bronze guides in there. The hollow stem intake valves work well though Titanium is a better option as they are still lighter. Though some people don't want to pay for the upgraded Titanium valves over the Hollow Stems. My guess is this was a new head and not a customer supplied head. Otherwise they would have just reused their stock titanium valves.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Last edited by Sales3@Texas-Speed; 11-06-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help. I figured they was stainless by looking at the options on the sight the other day. So you guys have your own extra porting on these heads correct? If so is it the same porting that would've been done back in 2007? How much would it be if I bought a set of titanium intake valves through you?
Old 11-07-2014, 09:19 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WVhuggerSS
Thanks for the help. I figured they was stainless by looking at the options on the sight the other day. So you guys have your own extra porting on these heads correct? If so is it the same porting that would've been done back in 2007? How much would it be if I bought a set of titanium intake valves through you?
Yes, we have our own CNC porting program for the LS7 heads. Give us a call and we can get you pricing on the valves.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Quick Reply: PRC LS7 heads question.