Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam 5.3 HELP! Daily driver!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cam 5.3 HELP! Daily driver!

long story short, started having a bad tick figured it was an afm lifter, gave heads to local shop to put springs on, noticed 3 valves were mushroomed out where the rockers sit on, figured it was due to lifter failure. got new valves and all that. Got the BTR stage 2 cam in and deleted AFM, DOD, VVT. Go to get tuned, 1st 2 pulls everything fine, 3rd hit horrible ticking pretty much sounded like it was b4, only present after like 5k rpm. stopped pulled over and tried to find it. definitely driver side. Got it back to shop and no noise sounds just fine. Get it home and pull rockers to re tq to make sure and check, everything seems fine. Get it back together, go for a test, driving smooth and all. Decide to go WOT Sound comes back, just sitting there ticking. Don't know if maybe a bad rocker? Any help much appreciated its my daily.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Launching!

any one at all?????
Old 01-14-2016, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Are you sure you don't have an exhaust leak? I had a similar problem and my header flange underneath against the head was leaking.Ended up being the header gasket. It was very hard to find. I thought for sure i had a lifter tick.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gagliano7
Are you sure you don't have an exhaust leak? I had a similar problem and my header flange underneath against the head was leaking.Ended up being the header gasket. It was very hard to find. I thought for sure i had a lifter tick.

Thought that too maybe, replaced with new Gm gaskets. It's definitely valve train. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Cam 5.3 HELP! Daily driver!