Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need help to i.d this Ring,poss Engine Scam

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help to i.d this Ring,poss Engine Scam

Hi Guys,
I know it's a long shot but my friend just paid AU$20k for a LS3 rebuild and have been told by the builder 3 different ring types fitted to his Motor.
He requested Gapless Rings but the Invoice says CP Rings then on next page says Hastings Rings ,then the Builder staes he put Filebacks in it
So where all a bit confused and was hoping someone spots the "N030" and could really help sort this out. Cheers

First post but have been up and down this Forum gaining so much helpful info so a big thank you to all.
I'm looking for the manufacturer of the Piston Ring I removed from a LS3 it has "N030" printed on the top right hand side near the gap.
I can post a photo latet if helps. Thanks in advance. Scott

Last edited by Scott Robertson; 02-17-2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Photo Added
Old 02-17-2016, 05:21 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

I've seen that NO30 before, I think it's Total Seal but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd rather see the face of the ring head on than a light reflecting top shot, but based on that picture it looks like the NPR gas nitrided steel top ring that many manufacturers are offering these days under their own cute names.

He's better off without gapless rings unless it's an alcohol motor, and that's only because it helps with limiting fuel dilution of the oil.

Quick Reply: Need help to i.d this Ring,poss Engine Scam