Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam help please??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam help please??

Hello I have a 2002 Z28 Camaro with the ls1. Mods 3.73 gears, pacesetter longtube headers into y pipe with muffler delete, Zex 100 shot of nitrous, tranny cooler and a 3600 stall (it's an automatic).

I don't know much about cams but I do know they make great power and sound wicked. This is my daily driver so I don't want my idle too choppy. But I want a decent size cam. With all of my mods what would you all suggest I get size wise? And I know other people replace things too when they do a cam swap. What else should I get replaced while I'm swiping the cam to save my money? And what company? I was planning on going Texas speed or comp cams. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-22-2016, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Call Martin Smallwood for a cam. End of story.

You will want/need new valve springs, new pushrods, and Martin will help you with all of it. He is a sponsor on this site and he will take good care of you.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Try calling Texas Speed as well
Old 08-23-2016, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
Call Martin Smallwood for a cam. End of story.

You will want/need new valve springs, new pushrods, and Martin will help you with all of it. He is a sponsor on this site and he will take good care of you.
Martin has it dialed. Good guy.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give us a call, we can get you fixed up with exactly what you need. After 13 years in the business, 13 years testing and selling nearly every combo under the sun nobody does it better. We engineer and design our own cam lobes and WE DYNO TEST THEM, not hope for the best. We have it down!

Not to mention, we grind the best cams in the industry...not because we say so, but because the testing says so.

No Squealing, and peeling lobes to worry about. The machine we use to cut them is state of the art and gives us the ability to make some awesome stuff. When compared to some of the manufacturers, our cams just flat out make more power because we are able to cut a re-entry. The quality of our cams are second to none, it is easy to see when you hold our cam compared to the competitors.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: Cam help please??