Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Trg-002 problems! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trg-002 problems! Please help

OK guys I have searched tech until my head is spinning. I have a 2002 xtreme blazer, I bought a current performance harness to put my gen4 engine in. I had to buy the 58x conversion box to try to make this work with my factory red/blue PCM. I have everything hooked up, truck is turning over but no start. I looked at the lingenfelter box and the light just stays solid red. Won't do anything but stay red. I had to use the extension harness that comes with the 58x box to have the right plug for the cam sensor. Someone told me it may be hooked up backwards? I am so stumped its unreal. The plug on my harness for the can sensor will not plug straight in to the com plug on the box. The extension harness is literally the only way to get it to plug in correctly.. I just don't know what to do. Where can I start with troubleshooting this?
Old 10-16-2016, 02:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Front CAS vs Rear CAS wiring

The chance of the CAS not operating is great.
The LS-1 "rear" CAS vs the LS-2 "timing cover" CAS has reversed outside wires though the connector will plug into both.

Would you reverse those wires (MP-150.2 "pull to seat") then report.

Your ability to test the CAS by "passing" a steel/iron object across the sensor face is also great.

Read the signal terminal to be high/low during that test with a meter to prove operational.(key on)

Lance
Old 10-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Teching In

I apologize that I am not a super ls guru... Can u break that down for me lol.. Sry
Old 10-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Teching In

I have an ls2 timing cover and removed the connecting hamess from it per instruction. I just went and checked the wiring but someone was telling me its easy to hookup backwards. Not sure but ik I have it hooked up just like it says to.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TRG and Current harness

So the TRG-002 is showing solid red - no blinking etc during cranking? THat usually indicates that our module is not seeing any signal at all (cam or crank).

Just to confirm:
  • You have an engine with a 58x crankshaft reluctor wheel.
  • This is NOT a front wheel drive LS4 or similar 5.3L V8 (TRG-002 is not compatible with the crank vs camshaft signal timing on these.)
  • You have the crankshaft position sensor from the 58x engine on the engine (NOT the sensor from your original 24x engine).
  • You have a 4x camshaft reluctor wheel (mounted in the front timing cover).
  • You have a front mounted camshaft position sensor (same sensor is used for 24x or 58x on the front timing cover).

Are you seeing a tachometer signal on your tachometer?

Do you have a scan tool? If so are you setting any codes? Does the scan tool see crank or cam signal?

Is the Current Performance harness designed to plug into the camshaft sensor directly or into the extension harness.

As indicated in the instructions if you have a 1997-2006 PCM (Warren PCM, red/blue or blue/green connectors) you should NOT be using the supplied camshaft sensor signal extension wire. That is only used with the E40 ECM vehicles.

The TRG-002 should be plugged directly into the camshaft and crankshaft sensors with no intermediate harnesses in your application.

Then the TRG-002 output signals should connect directly to your engine wiring harness - again with no adapter harnesses.

You can also confirm the pinouts for the camshaft and crankshaft signals between the TRG-002 and the ECM using the wiring diagrams in the instructions. Current Performance should be able to confirm for you the wiring colors for the engine harness (or you can Ohm them out with a voltmeter).

Originally Posted by Debo1211
OK guys I have searched tech until my head is spinning. I have a 2002 xtreme blazer, I bought a current performance harness to put my gen4 engine in. I had to buy the 58x conversion box to try to make this work with my factory red/blue PCM. I have everything hooked up, truck is turning over but no start. I looked at the lingenfelter box and the light just stays solid red. Won't do anything but stay red. I had to use the extension harness that comes with the 58x box to have the right plug for the cam sensor. Someone told me it may be hooked up backwards? I am so stumped its unreal. The plug on my harness for the can sensor will not plug straight in to the com plug on the box. The extension harness is literally the only way to get it to plug in correctly.. I just don't know what to do. Where can I start with troubleshooting this?
Old 10-19-2016, 06:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hooking up backwards

It should be fairly difficult to hook up backwards unless you use additional adapter harnesses that are not part of the kit or you force the connectors into the wrong plug (most of them are keyed so they won't go in the wrong one unless you modify the connector or change the connector).

I have an ls2 timing cover and removed the connecting hamess from it per instruction. I just went and checked the wiring but someone was telling me its easy to hookup backwards. Not sure but ik I have it hooked up just like it says to.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Thank you.. I think I have gotten this trg-002 to start working properly I believe.. Still no start on the truck but the box is showing green sync with crank
Old 10-28-2016, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you.. I think I have gotten this trg-002 to start working properly I believe.. Still no start on the truck but the box is showing green sync with crank
Ive read it may take a revolution or 2 for the converter to start reading so you may need to crank a couple seconds longer then normal
Old 01-28-2017, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Last edited by su_maverick; 01-29-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Any resolution to this issue? I have an 04 gto with solid red light. It blinks green when cranking.

with the key on, box is lit solid red. When I put a volt meter to crank or cam out, no voltage on any any pin at all?
Old 05-04-2018, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I have cranked it for 5 seconds probably 15 different times
Old 05-11-2018, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

On my 99 TA we had a little drama with the TRG-002 58X-24X Box because a vendor supplied the wrong crank sensor. I ordered a 58x sensor but they shipped a 24x sensor. I would confirm the part number on the crank sensor is correct for a 58x sensor.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

New 58x crank sensor installed for a 2010 camaro SS. One thing I noticed is on the crank out and cam out, the 12v wires have no voltage.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Default The boX lingenfelter fried

Has anyone had a a lingenfelter coverstion 58 to 24 fried up?
I removed bad battery and installed a new battery and mt box didn't light up. Need info
Old 10-07-2019, 07:38 AM

Default Howed you get the box working ibgot the same problem

Howed you get it working mine just does the same solid red. And i have the right sensors and ecu
Old 12-18-2021, 11:59 AM

Default help me as well

hey i have same problem except my light is solid green no fuel no spark any ideas
Old 12-18-2021, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgorsick
...... any ideas?
Not from the guy you quoted. He hasn't been here for over 4 years

Quick Reply: Trg-002 problems! Please help