Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Interesting 07 Denali Story

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting 07 Denali Story

So a couple of weeks a go I found a smoking deal on a 07 Denali with a 6.2 in it and in the listing it said something about a dead cylinder so I immediately think its lifters of a cam. Called my local dealership the next day so I can get the parts before I even looked at it. He tells me it doesn't have afm and I could see the valley cover and told him I was pretty sure it was a afm motor, so I got all the stuff to do one side. When I went to take the motor down I took the intake off and there was no plug in the harness for the dod valley... but It had all of the components for dod... Long story short I replaced all of the lifters with ls7 ones and deleted the valley. Now I have a miss at idle on 1, 4, 6, and 7. since I just want to flip this think what would be the best cam to retain stock characteristics? It has vvt so I assume it is a single bolt, I think I am going to delete it and tune it out since it is throwing a code for vvt. SO 1 or 3 bolts will work.

Thanks for looking,
Lelan
Old 03-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would put a cam in it that is close to the stock size if I were going to flip it. I just picked up an 07 Denali for a smoking deal too, but no issues. I got mine for 11,500.

Quick Reply: Interesting 07 Denali Story