Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ls2 stalls on stops and downshifts

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 stalls on stops and downshifts

After my H/C/I change the car got a basetune to start from and worked flawless on the first 100miles.
I kept doing flashscan logs for my tuner but suddenly the car started to die on stoplights, sometimes on downshifts when i took some time to get the lower gear in or when i rolled into my garage driveway.
Sometimes it catches itself up and tries to compensate with higher idle, sometimes it behaves like it should and once in a while it dies.

I send a log file to my tuner and he said he can see on the o2 sensor voltage that there´s a problem on the drivers side and it could be almost everything from leaking intake, rocker, lifter, exhaust leak........
The c6 smells really bad for Gas even driving around.
I also checked the O2 readings on the efilive log and specially on startup idle the Bank1 Sensor shows a steady 500mv while bank1 has around 800mv high. As soon as i start driving Bank2 starts waving up and down while Bank 1 keeps around 500mv all the time no matter accelerating or coasting.

i thought it is probably the fast 92mm intake not sealing a intake port because i have milled AFR heads and changed back to the stock ls2.
the valvetrain noise got so much quieter but the problem stayed the same but what happened the first time was a loud ticking noise under load that went away after a couple seconds when i was just rolling.
To me it sounded like a lifter.

I have changed to ls7 lifters with 7.400 TSP pushrods. There is no rocker loose (checked them when i changed the intake).
Can a lifter start to collapse and cause this problem?
I checked the plugs and all were perfect grey, header pipes were all getting hot, oil pressure is up at 40psi idle cold and
To be honest i made a huge mistake at the cam change and the problem started after the crank pulley came loose and i realised it very late when i saw oil dripping from the front cover. To this point every log showed both banks equal. i ordered a new pulley and checked 5 times to get the bolt streched to that 140degrees to keep it from coming off again.
Maybe some dirt from the H/C change in one of the lifters and with hot oil it gets a bit better?
Any suggestions how to get that problem fixed?

Quick Reply: ls2 stalls on stops and downshifts